 Dear LEGO / 3552
Re: Lego hostility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 00:13:14 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> wrote in message
news:GMI9n7.8q1@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.dear-lego, John Neal writes:

Given all of your cantankerous rants, I'll bet
that you are the butt of many jokes around the LD water tank!

I have to disagree.  If I was working for a company who had customers that
were this unhappy with our output I think I'd try to find some way to make
my bosses see that things could be better.

I recall a discussion I had with a couple of them towards the beginning of
the year when Richard was commenting quite harshly then too.  When I brought
up Richard's comments (which disturbed me then and still disturb me), they
didn't even regard them because of his demeanor.  I think Richard's message
is solid, but his methods are off base.  There's something to be said about
shock value when dealing with someone who seems to be not listening, but on
the other hand, you win more bees with honey than with vinegar.

And I agree with your other statement, Allan, LEGO has forgotten where it
came from and has no idea where it is going.  I wish we were regarded higher
as customers.

I have only one complaint about LEGO Direct though, and that is their bulk
selection and pricing.  The prices are up the nose - they've proven to us
the price they CAN sell bricks at - 1200 pc tubs are 1.6 cents per piece.
Now, add some colors to that and raise it to .03/piece and that's STILL a
steal.

Other than that, I have a lot of praise for LEGO Direct for communicating
with us and offering some amazing sets!  We do need to see more effort on
the part of TLC in regards to their product offerings though.

-Tim