 Dear LEGO / 3549
Re: TLC declares Bankruptcy! (Kristiansen's unfurl golden parachute...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:30:16 GMT

If you're that disappointed with TLC then why not sell your stuff and find a
new hobby?

1.  TLC doesn't release bricks for which they ACTUALLY have the molds in
readiness:
But they do still release bricks, and they've realised their error of
judgement with Znap.

2. TLC doesn't make bricks they way they used to (and they should, of
course):
That's right. They're more durable now, and in more colours than ever.

3. TLC manufactures toy lines that are not a part of system:
True. Thank TLC for Mindstorms, the CDROM's....

4.  TLC never delivered on the promise of "system", or "system within
system."
They have, and they've overdone it: town, space, blacktron, rockraiders,
adventurers.... the list goes on...

5.  TLC doesn't really listen to us anyway.
Yes, they do. See Legends and Bulk.

I have warned you before TLC -- only you can stop the horror!
No, you can stop your own horror. Nobody's twisting your arm to stick with
Lego.

A few more comments. I've just read the posting you refer to about system
within system. The analogy in that article is completely unfair. Yes, you
can go to a trainshop and buy any tree, house or car you might like.
Choosing from 27 different brands that is. If you include playmobil, Knex,
Mecano and al the Lego-rip-offs you've a much wider choice. If you want to
be loyal to a brand you're gonna have to live with what's on offer. And with
Lego I think you're not that bad of; They do listen. They might not follow
up on each and every request in these postings, but they couldn't if they
wanted to...

I'm not saying I appreciate everything that TLC produces. Personally I
couldn't care less if they cancelled the whole pirate/castle/adventure/etc.
theme. Give me Technic(including Mindstorms) and Model Team and I'm happy.
But who cares about my personal wishlist? Lego will have to produce for the
masses.

With all this I want to say three things:
* Tell TLC what you would like to see and why, and do so in a polite way.
I'm sure that would be more appreciated than your "Lego sucks and I'll tell
you why" attitude.
* Make realistic requests.
* If you don't like where Lego is going and you feel things are not gonna
change your way please lock yourself in a room with all the
things-used-to-be-better-parts you have and enjoy them, and stop annoying
the rest of us with pointless rants.

Duq, who's getting tired of this kind of ranting....