 Dear LEGO / 1714
Re: No LEGOFest...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:16:39 GMT

Erik Olson wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains.org, Christopher Masi writes:
Lego will not sell accesories to retailers! Wow, Rob, that is infuriating. • I
always guessed that it was the otherway around; that is, retailers • couldn't move
the trains so they stopped carrying all the train stuff. My guess was • always a
bit suspect because around Christmas all the trains are gone from the • stores

When I was last at The Construction Site, Crispin (person who runs the • store)
mentioned that Lego allows them as a privilege to order this year's train
station, weighing station, etc. and they get a limited quantity. Something • to do
with the store as a whole, like you can carry a full line of trains only • when
you carry the full line of everything else (which Target or Wal-Mart never
will.) But he wasn't spelling out just what it took.

I bought a healthy amount of train "accessories" on that visit.

I also visited the Construction site last year and I was thrilled to find
that they carried the train sets. I also bought a healthy amount of train
stuff. I was great to be able to put my hands on a set and really "see it"
before I bought it!!!!My son was equally thrilled that I came home from my
trip with train stuff.

I can't tell you how many times that we are building a new train layout and
we don't have enough track to finish the job. I would have easily run out to
the local store to buy more but we are forced to buy it from S@H. This takes
atleast a week to arrive in Idaho.

The Lego train sets are very boring with the minimal amount of track that
they come with. Lego could easily enhance the train sets by allowing someone
to sell the accessories.

Why are European stores allowed to sell the train line but the US stores
aren't?

Rose