 Trains / Train Organizations / 314
Re: No LEGOFest...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:38:36 GMT

When I was last at The Construction Site, Crispin (person who runs the store)
mentioned that Lego allows them as a privilege to order this year's train
station, weighing station, etc. and they get a limited quantity.
Something to do with the store as a whole, like you can carry a full
line of trains only when you carry the full line of everything else
(which Target or Wal-Mart never
will.) But he wasn't spelling out just what it took.

But will they sell track and part packs?

I bought a healthy amount of train "accessories" on that visit.

It must be one way Lego tries to reward dedicated retailers.

Protesting that Lego could sell a lot more trains if they pursued natural
partners like H&R--well, that assumes Lego sees a market for it, when its
priorities are on action toys and Town Jr.  Personally, as a young American
between the ages of 9 and 29 there were a zillion things less boring than
trains. I see differently now. But that's another topic.

I don't think LEGO Trains will ever have a large following like Star Wars.
But I think LEGO should still let hobby shops like H & R Trains, sell the all
of the train stuff and the sets that work well with them. H & R Trains sells
allot of the other toy train brands like Playmobil. And LEGO should be there
too.

Robin W.
GFLTC