 Trains / Train Organizations / 315
Re: No LEGOFest...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 05:09:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Christopher Masi writes:
Lego will not sell accesories to retailers! Wow, Rob, that is infuriating. I
always guessed that it was the otherway around; that is, retailers couldn't • move
the trains so they stopped carrying all the train stuff. My guess was always a
bit suspect because around Christmas all the trains are gone from the stores

That was my guess as well, but like you sed after Christmas the train stuff
was sold out (at H & R). And LEGO never sold all of the train stuff in stores
in the U.S. And at the TRU in my area (back in 1992-95) the LEGO Train stuff
was in the back of the store with other train stuff on the bottom shelf away
from the rest of the other LEGO sets. Were no one could see them! I think LEGO
gave up to quick on trains in store. They should give it another go?

Letter witing campaign?

I think this is the only thing we can do...

Robin W.
GFLTC