 Trains / Train Organizations / 322
Re: Bright Future for LEGO Trains? (was Re:No LEGOFest...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 21:49:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

How fast and in what direction the growth will occur will depend highly on • what
LEGO comes up with.  I'm sure they have heard our desires, their degree of
action will govern our growth.  Regarless, as long as LEGO train clubs • continue
to grow, LEGO train as a serious hobby will continue to grow with our • without
LEGO's cooperation - provided they do not cut the product line entirely. • And I
very much suspect they will not.

Clone Brands - are you listening?

If LEGO do abandon model trains altogether (save for some token intergalactic
attempts at wheeled ICBMs) then the natural course of events will lead to
supply=demand. If the basic principal of the element-built model is as good as
our support suggests then it's only a matter of time....and the weaker Lego
become in this field the more chance there is of a good quality competitor
sneaking in.

As has been stated on other threads, you only have to look at how much shelf
space the likes of TRU are giving clone brands. Personally I would like the
future to stay with Lego but market forces will of course prevail.

Jon