 Dear LEGO / 1064
Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 06:08:56 GMT

John Neal wrote in message <3861A7FE.587FEB44@uswest.net>...
Brad-

From your latest post I take it that you are soliciting advice as to
which bricks should be offered in bulk.  Although this topic has been
discussed at great length many times and in different NGs, I thought
that perhaps it would be good to go there one more time in one
convenient thread.  I invite others to add on elements which they feel
they would buy in bulk (say at least 100 pieces or more).  Here are a
few of mine:

1. 2x4 brick in dark gray, brown, gray, white  (I would purchase tens of
thousands)

2. 1x2, 1x4, 1x8 tiles in black, gray (would purchase 1000's)

3. 4x3 low slopes in black, dark gray, gray  (would purchase 100's)

4. plates in brown (would purchase 1000's)

5. 1x2x2 clear thin walls (would purchase 100's)

Well, I guess I can give my wish list.  I am going to hope the Marketing
folks at Lego will archive these posts and perhaps do some analysis on them
that leads to some type of bulk catalog we are all happy with.

Arches in all sizes and colors.  This doesn't have to be discrete bricks.  I
would be satisfied with a brick pack like this:

2    1x3x12 arch
4    1x4x5 half arches
4    1x4x5 inverse half arches
2    1x2x8 arches
2    1x2x6 arches
2    1x1x6 arches
4    1x4 arches
4    1x3 arches

I would be willing to pay $5.00 - $7.00 per pack like this and I would
probably want many duplicates in a variety of colors (at the moment I
currently have about 2 gallons of gray arches).

Plate packs in all the major colors.  The price and mix of the current plate
packs are fine, I just want them in more colors.

Slopes in more colors and varieties.  I would like low slopes corners, both
interior corners and exterior corners.  Also I would like a rampart corner
brick.  Basically it would be compatible with the ramparts available in the
Ninja sets.  I have about 70 of those Ninja ramparts now, and I desperately
need a way to make a real corner.  If you ever make such a thing, I could
use about 20 and I would be willing to pay as much as $2.00 a piece.  I just
got a copy of Lightwave 3D, if you are really interested, contact me and I
will put together a model and render an image of what I am talking about.

Lion faced lintel pieces and similar architectural elements.  I have about
170 gray octagonal pillars that could desperately use some
greco/roman/egyptian pillar tops.  Oh, yah, octagonal pillars in other
colors, most notably white, dark gray, gray and yellow.  I would ultimately
want hundreds of these and would pay as much as 50 cents a piece for them.

I would dearly love to have stained glass inserts, just not the ones you
made in the new castle sets.  I want inserts that are compatible with arch
bricks.  Round ones that are compatible with the 1x5x4 arch and 1x5x4 half
arch would be great.  If they were available I would want at least 50.
Again, if you are really interested, contact me and I will render an image
of what I am talking about.

Well, that is probably enough for now.  I hope some of the others let you
know what they are interested in as well.  Thanks for listening.

Matthew Verdier

"You can't just say you're King because some watery tart threw a sword at
you"
Dennis 932 AD

http://www.GeoCities.com/~mjvlego/

http://www.GeoCities.com/~hldc/