 Dear LEGO / 1060
  Bulk Pieces suggestions

Brad- From your latest post I take it that you are soliciting advice as to which bricks should be offered in bulk. Although this topic has been discussed at great length many times and in different NGs, I thought that perhaps it would be good to go (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

Well, despite having just posted that I think we should wait to see what they're looking for, I have to point out that no list is complete without the canonical trainhead wishlist... 1x2x3 windows and their glass... with the train style divider (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

John Neal wrote in message <3861A7FE.587FEB44@u...st.net>... (...) Well, I guess I can give my wish list. I am going to hope the Marketing folks at Lego will archive these posts and perhaps do some analysis on them that leads to some type of bulk (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

Dear LEGO, As you know, I am planning to build a replica of the Empire State Building. However, smaller houses do prevail. Sloped bricks of available colors and configurations are necessary. Hips and gables are a necessity to distinguish any house, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Ditto - and add black, green & tan to that list. Although I would probably only purchase thousands. The same list of colors in 1x4 bricks. (thousands again) (...) Ditto, again adding tan (and dk grey and white) to the colors. (I'd probably (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) <John' wish list snipped> How about we start simple, with basic bricks? 1 x 1/2/3/4/6/8/10/longer? 2 x 2/3/4/6/8/10 But, make up for the simple selection of shapes by offering more *colors* - red, white, blue, yellow, black, grey, green, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) I might not be able to buy in quantities of thousands or more, but I'm sure some of my wish list items are desired by others as well. Here are a few items that I would be interested in: Conical and Pine shaped trees : hundreds Monorail up/down (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) How about Teal and Purple. (...) With all due respect to the Train Window folks I like this idea although I was hopeing to get bricks, plates, and slopes in the first shot and then go for the more specialized parts like window, doors, trees, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

* Standard Bricks and Plates in all available (at least more natural) colors, like brown, green, gray and tan. Colorless Transparent would be nice, too. * Tiles as above. * Sloped bricks (of all available variety) as above. * Circular and round (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Technic pieces (was Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions)

I'd really appreciate being able to order technic pieces in shapes and sizes. Actually, I don't mind the 'service pack' system for a lot of these things. #5229 is a great set, for example. (If only it came with a slip-clutch gear....) And it'd be (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Yes. Actually 2x4 bricks in any color. If we could get the per piece price down to around a 2-3 cents a brick, this would do amazing things for what we could build. I could definately see putting orders for a few thousand of these at a time. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) EEEK! Don't have him go to those places-- TLC will get ideas and then we'll *never* be able to afford bricks! ;-) -John (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

I'd like to add my brick wish-list and an idea. First the list: The lion-head bricks in the new castle sets are one of the best ideas lego has had in a long time. Now if I could only get them in the two greys, black, and white. The stained-glass (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

I think the whole idea of telling Lego which bricks to make available in bulk is kind of silly. Playmobil makes virtually every piece they produce available on an individual basis, even the little $.05 pieces. While I do think that there should be (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Shoot. I guess that means I need to plan something else.. Petronas Towers, 1:1 scale anyone? Jasper (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

Petronas is fluff compared to Empire State, even at 1:1. C'mon, build the Empire State Building. We can compare notes later! Build On! John Matthews P.S. When I said 'replica' earlier, that is not what I meant. As we all know, a replica is an (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Well, "fluff" may not be the right word for 500+ metres of cncrete and steel.. but it's certainly not as classy. (...) For now, I'll just continue planning to build - half the fun's in that anyway ;) Maybe Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament? (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Of course, LEGO has all of us beat building a model of the tallest freestanding structure in the world, the CN Tower in Toronto...since there is a 12 ft tall (or so...I haven't seen it in a while) model of it already :) James P (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

I'll chime in on a slightly different vein. Rather than us telling them what we want (which is good) and hoping they can come up with it (which may turn out disappointing), how about if they tell us what they can easily offer, what they can offer (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

Another hypothetical implementation of bulk sales could have online databases showing the factory production schedules of what pieces, with deadlines for ordering so you could get pieces quickly. Also, an ordering database could allow group members (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

My 2-studs worth: I'm always looking for more 2x1 and 2x2 inverse sloped bricks. The $3.00 for 16 pieces is a bit steep - and only in red? I want blue, yellow, white, etc. I need 5,000 blue just for the inside of my ferry boat hull. 3x3 low sloped (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) "the 8880 suspension system" "the 8880 gear system" "the 8480 gear system" 2*2*3 yellow extreme slopes, for those of us who are missing one or two from the appropriate set. (...) Basic bricks, plates, and slopes. Jasper (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

Plates-All, or as many colours as possible 1xN 2xN 4xN 6xN Bricks-All, or as many colours as possible 1xN 2xN Technic-All, or as many colours as possible 1xN Beams 2xN Technic plates Minifigs-!!I am shocked no one has yet requested the possibility (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) If $100 would buy a reasonable amount (say, 1-200), I can see people making vast armies of stormtroopers.. same with battledroids and destroyers, actually. Or ghosts, for that matter. Jasper (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Actually, I did make a taginental reference to this once ((URL) I was talking about staging civil war battles (not that far from the Pirate era) and the requirements of troops. Think about staging Gettysburg. Ray (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)