 Database / Brictionary / 249
Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:05:05 GMT

"Chris Dee" <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:H26pME.93C@lugnet.com...

We usually go with British-English in part names out of respect for James
Jessiman, but "Motorway" is so specific to the UK, that I used "Autoroute" • in
the belief that within Europe it is more widely understood [4]. The mostly • US
terms "Highway", "Freeway" would be almost as alien as "Motorway", I • suspect.
What word might an Australian speaker use? What about Denmark?

Don't know about Danish, but in Swedish it's called "Motorväg", that's a
straight translation of "Motorway".

"Highway" would be understandable too...

"Freeway" - is that a road where you don't have to pay?

"Autoroute" - for me it's the thing a CAD system for printed cirquit boards
can do - automatically route something.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm