 Database / Brictionary / 244
Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:51:16 GMT

In lugnet.db.brictionary, TWS Garrison wrote:

Are the patterns on
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/973p27
and
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4209p05
the same?  They look like it, but they have dramatically different
names[1]:
Minifig Torso with Autoroute Pattern[2]
Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder with tow logo pattern[3]
The first suggests that it's a picture of a highway, while the second
suggests some sort of towing operation.

Yeah, these are the same, and they should have the same pattern-name.
How about "Autoroute Tow Logo Pattern"?

[1] And numbers, but I think the effort to equate pattern numbers across
parts is much more recent than these parts.

Right.  I'm not clear why 4209p05 *is* p05, but it's not a big enough
deal to do a renumber on it.

[2] French in LDraw names?

I dunno.  Chris, what was up with that?

[3] The lack of capitalization is strange, but this part is on the Tracker
and I'm sure the name will be fixed before it's certified.

The capitalization *has* been fixed on the PT, I'll address the title in
a bit (probably tomorrow, as I re-read this message).

Steve