Re: CW update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:17:46 GMT

I like it!  Very nice!

<aside>
I also like the black background better than the tan, but Shiri wanted to keep
in tradition with Pawel, and I don't think I should change it; it's up to
her.  But black is definitely better than tan tho!
</aside>

I think maybe I should first talk to Shiri and get her feedback.  I'll get
back to everyone as soon as I find out what she thinks, K?
-Chris

Well, a looooooooong time ago I was reworking the front page for Pawel and
Craigo so as to highlight Craigo's excellent logo artwork for the site. The
long delay was in part caused by several attempts on my part to try and get
Craigo's Display Font style CW lettering to work with Morris Black -- but
nothing works with Craigo's lettering like more of Craigo's lettering!
Anyway, I have finished MY version of the CW front page and it can be viewed
here (This is neither the official nor the temporary CW site!!! REPEAT: this
is neither the official nor the temporary CW site!!!):

http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon2/cw/cw.html

You can use the page that is viewable at that e-ddress, all you need are the
three files -- cw.html, blkbrick.jpg, and logo.gif. The logo has been image
mapped so that you can speedily plug in your own hyperlinks (the mocked-up
ones actually work bu they take you to unintended sites!). I figure
the "History" part of the links can serve in place of "About."  And if you
absolutely must, you can swap the black background for the tan bricks instead
(blech!), but in that case the logo could use some more anti-aliasing. [One
thing that was lost through optimization for the web was two distinct greys,
light and dark for the crossed sword and wand - sorry folks!]

I think this design for the front page already has the Craigo seal of
approval.  Others should feel free to comment, but I figure its up to Chris
right now...

Maybe if we feature his logo more prominently, Craigo will finish the CW maps
for us...?!

=oP

-- Richard