Re: NINJADA: The Plot Thickens...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:53:15 GMT

<snippage>
-Do a "library" button/link with "the collected           histories of the
realms"

Hmmm.... this is probably the easiest to do... and the clearest... but also
the most boring. ;-)

-the word story or some sort of star connoting a story    on the sigfig
picture page

Well, I think if we add "stories", then each member will have their stories
listed on their pages anyway... no?

-a Newspaper format ...a headline about each story        and a sentence
or two.

This sounds interesting... how would you connect that to the story, though?
When you click on the headline, you get the story?
This sounds like what Stephen and others are doing on "Jain's Guide"... but we
don't tell stories that way... (i.e. from a neutral, third-person POV)

-Rotate through existing stories, featuring 1 a week
  (a variation of the spotlight idea)

Sounds great, but - do we *have* that many stories? I can only hope for a time
at which we'll have a story published every week... but meanwhile...?

-Post a list of all the current stories here in CW        after soliciting
links from CW and Castle people

This, definitely. I'll hafta ask Pawel and James if we can publish their
stories (I assume we can... but better to ask), and John - do I have your
consent?

I think that I can put up a "story of the week" for now... with four stories,
that'll be enough to last a month. I won't be here after that, but hopefully
someone can fill in for me? (That's why I did a separate account, so that I
can pass it along if needed).

I will be editing out typos and preparing more story and pics...Is there any
rule like "each story has to have pics" or something?

No rules at all. James' story doesn't have any pics!

I have a couple of short vignettes that fit in my story, but I am unable to
construct "the required movie sets" at the moment = )

Oh, don't worry about it. Like I said, anything qualifies. We're here for the
fun, aren't we?

-Shiri

I know that when I'm in charge of updates and maintenance, the easiest way to
do it would be the first listed <look up there>, and then, when done for that
week, we could just put the story in the "archive," along with it's author,
and a link to their homepage, if one applies.  This would be rather simple,
but could be "touched up" with things...
-Chris