Re: NINJADA: The Plot Thickens...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 05:17:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
Let me know what you think of the story...I may add or delete text as needed
to make the story more entertaining.  I will correct typos...it's 9 am and I
have been working on this since 2 am...time to go to sleep.

Wow!!!
I took some time to read it intently, that story is bee-utiful! I love it. The
fact that it is now told by a specific person (can't remember if it was
earlier) and all those little details.... great story!

Thank you!

I took what you and a few RTL lurkers from overseas said to heart... in my
enthusiasm to post something, I didn't make the narrative aspects clear.

Basically I had to change alot of verb tenses and add some quotation marks
along with the new content...

I am also going to experiment with this whole "EPIC" by adding bits in here
and there (kinda like seeing a serial out of order)  these will be self
contained little stories that fit within the whole framework of the story.

For instance, the next update may show the very end of the story...it won't
rap up all the characters...just a couple.

Reading this, I can't help but re-suggest that we finally enter stories into
the CW database. There are a few now, including Pawel's
Interesting idea...almost like a CW spotlight stories section...

A few things come to mind...I will give you an ide of a variety of thoughts
on the subject varying from easy to do to "oh...I can't do that much html"

Here are a couple different temporary suggestions:

  -Do a "library" button/link with "the collected           histories of the
realms"
  -the word story or some sort of star connoting a story    on the sigfig
picture page
  -a Newspaper format ...a headline about each story        and a sentence
or two.
    i.e.  Lady Katherine Kidnapped!
          Rare Jewel Stolen!
          Living w/ Mr. Wizard (in the Parade or society            page)
  -Rotate through existing stories, featuring 1 a week
   (a variation of the spotlight idea)
  -Post a list of all the current stories here in CW        after soliciting
links from CW and Castle people

Chp. 1 ("Of
Katherine"), my chp. 1, now "Ninjada: the epic", James Howse's "Erik Leaves
Home", and probably more that I'm forgetting (I apologize in advance). And I
know there are people working hard on their first chapters ATM (OK, so I know
one person is. ;-). I'm also hard at work for my second.
Sooooo...... do we add stories? What should be the format?

-Shiri

I will be editing out typos and preparing more story and pics...Is there any
rule like "each story has to have pics" or something?

I have a couple of short vignettes that fit in my story, but I am unable to
construct "the required movie sets" at the moment = )