Re: IOM: Stone Dragon Clan sets up camp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:51:29 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Richard Noeckel writes:
       P.S. Is anyone aware that “The Isle of Mist” is almost EXACTLY the
same as “The Isle of Albion.” Is this Castle World creation meant to mirror
this Warhammer ® game, or did the creators just use it for inspiration?

Umm, as far as I know, no relation. The idea was first thought up by Nathan
and Pawel on the last night of Brickfest 2001, then later (that same night)
developed further by those two, Chris, and me. Craig used his awesome
artistic talents to draw up a map. (IIRC, parts of it were intended for the
"all-encompassing" CW map that we didn't use due to IOM.) Maybe Nathan or
Pawel had this in mind - but I think the train of thoughts was comparing IOM
to settling the Americas - Colonization, etc.

HTH,
-Shiri