 Castle / 9016
  Harry Potter Creator box art

Sorry, forgot the link to the image... :) www.geocities.com/lo...hpbox.html CP Hey all, This image is from a demo disk I received yesterday from the LEGO Media booth at E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo, (URL) currently running through today at the (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter) !

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

Christopher, I don't know what's cooler, that you got HP info or that you went to E3. After leaving LA a few years ago, I haven't attended again. Anyway, I'm getting a broken image link on your page at geocities. You might need to check it, or it (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Yeah E3 is always a blast! I've gone 4 of the last 6 years (two year break while the show was in Atlanta). Definitely one of the perks of having been in the gaming industry is going to E3 and checking out all the cool new stuff. I actually won (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

Great! Thanks Christopher! So...This is interesting... Harry - holding a wand that looks like a black lightsaber blade Ron - has the cartoon looking hairpiece and a rat element for Scabbers (very cool!) Hermionie - Scala books Hagrid - Is it my (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) ditto! this is very interesting. (...) I haven't been following the predicitons for HP stuff, but I had feared they wouldn't use minifigs when I heard it was falling under LEGO Creator. I'm extremely happily surprised at what I see. I (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Geez...how did I miss that? Of course, with his wings spread like that, stuffing him in a Belville cage like I wanted to do goes out the window... (...) You're right, of course, though the DO look like they open, don't they? Chances are they (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

In lugnet.harrypotter, Suzanne D. Rich writes: <snip element speculation> IF this Hogwarts Express IS a game, not a set, then none of these elements are necessarily going to be part of the other sets. We can hope, of course, but they may exist only (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Nice. And the rat also. (...) The printed rounded wall looks ovoid. That could be cool. Or it could just be creative artwork on background art. The flames look yellow which would be cool. (...) Yes. (...) Of course. (...) Yes, more palm tree (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Yea, that looks weird. Looks like a Creator head (though I'm not sure if it's got the sculpted nose). (...) Well, don't the capes in the stores have stars on them? I like it. I've got plenty of plain black and brown ones. Frank (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Your subject line scared me - "What? Harry Potter using Creater figure?". Fortunately it just confirm mini-figures for Harry Potter sets. :) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Yes, thank you! I am looking forward to the pictures from the display and the press kit. (...) I like the girl face. (...) I like the owl too! (...) Of course you are right about the sign originating in Fabuland. [Fabuland 3662 grey, 3682 (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

About the Hogwarts Express train on the box front: There is no set number involved here (unlike past LEGO train sets). The 5972 numbering is the actual number on the train used in the film. See: (URL) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) The sign is also used in white in a Belville set (the princess's bedroom). Frank (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  This looks very promising!

If that turns out to be the prototype for Hogwarts in the background, these sets could be a boon for Castleheads. Possible new pieces I see: Four new hairstyles Four new faces Black capes with silver stars Two new torso New decorated tiles (posing (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Gotta agree here...very nice change of pace. (...) Aye, it's interesting...but I wish it were able to perch. That I would like even more...then, coupled with my wizard's hood (heehee, heehee), I could have me an Archimedes to merit making (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) I don't think anyone is assuming that *this* box art is for a set. It looks like the other Creator games. I think people are assuming, however, that *most* pieces - at least the minifig-related ones - will appear in the sets. There is a basis (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) It's not a Hogwart's Express game or a set. It's the box for the PC title, LEGO Creator Harry Potter. It is in the same line as the rest of the LEGO Creator series of PC titles. CP Loch Forest (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Sorry for being imprecise. When I said "game" I meant "computer game" or, as you call it, even more precisely, PC title. E3 doesn't have much in the way of board games I don't think so I was shortcutting. (the moniker is "gamers" so game by (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) Yes, good point! I misread the original posts but on reflection, I see what you are saying. (...) Ever the optimist, I would put a :-) there rather than a :-( because I can hope for something rather better than that somewhat (understatement (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) I did know what you meant Larry. What I was replying to was the thought that this might be specifcally a Hogwart's Express (PC implied) game :) I was trying to be as specific as possible by stating PC title. The booth at E3 was for LEGO Media (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

"Christopher Pisciotti" <pisciotti10@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GDLDtJ.8qM@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) So we can begin to see what the castle and also Hogwart's Express train set will look like! If the picture is indicative of the sets, (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) I wonder if 5972 will be the set number for the Hogwarts Express? Speculations? (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) 5972 is the identification number of the Engine "Olton Hall" the engine which was repainted (and renamed) "Hogwart's Express" for the movie. They kept the engine number, which appears in the movie and hence on the front of the LEGO model of (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) My main point of interest is the front of the train - although this is all CGI, it does show a 9V buffer bar. Fingers crossed. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) LOL. I love that age range 6-99. Somebody has a sense of humour. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

Hey all, Caution! Extremely bulky LEGO related ranting follows. Proceed at your own risk! This is also the post I inadvertently deleted last night, and I've attempted to re-create it, though of course I'm not nearly as satisfied with this re-do (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

I'd also like to throw in some more pics to Christopher's fine box art: (URL) a few pics of the Harry Potter LEGO Creator stuff - a movie shot and a poster shot. I've got a couple more shots I'll try to get up later. mo www.galacticbrick.com (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

Hey Monica, The link you gave seems broken. Is it just me? Matt (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

Nevermind...there it is! Thanks Monica! Good pics! Matt (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Yeah, I ain't extatic about some things in the Potter line, seems my initial pipe dreams of sets/parts was just that. Bottom line is quality and expandable playability. Those should be more firm goals of TLC, and if they use classic molds (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) The new Lego Island 2 software package has this as well. Lego has a sense of humor... who'd a thunk it... Chris <>< (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) I have mixed feelings about this. a. Yes, he's a brick. Uck. However . . . b. He is no more immobile than the LEGO Ghost figure, though, whose ghostly body prevented the minifig legs from moving, if the set bothered to include legs at all. (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Good points all, but there would be realy great play value in a new larger scale figure in minifig style, so new scale models could be made with a parent-child type dynamic...not phased out minifigs, just new scale opportunities (look what (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Hagrid's body did look like a brick in the box art for the PC game, but look at the pic of Hagrid posted by Monica Wilbur a few posts back - note his arm - that's a Creator-fig arm (and yes, that means his head/hair/beard will be one big (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Sorry Ken. In my first (and lamentedly lost 'cause it was so much better) version of the post, I did make reference to the Creatorfig arms and head. Matt (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Remember Charlie Brown running at the football, just to have Lucy pull it away? "Aauuauuauruauuuauugggh!!!!" (Whomp) OK, I hate that Hagrid figure, if this is true. That hair and beard would have made a wonderful minifig accessory. Crossing my (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Although it's a bummer that the Hagrig head and hair are not minifig compatible, I think it's good that they are Creator fig scale, since Hagrid should be significantly larger. It will be a real bummer if Hagrid isn't a Creator Fig though. Of (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

Works for me - try again, maybe? Or go directly to my site, there's a link to the pics on the home page. mo www.galacticbrick.com (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: This looks very promising!

I love that new female hairstyle...just like my wife's hair!!! (It's the little flip to the side at the front... totally cute) NOT TO MENTION...curved spindled rails!!!...!!! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) The entertainment industry has portrayed the good guys as young and handsome, while the bad guys are old, fat, ugly, ect. It has been ingrained into us from birth. Just check out those soap operas that women watch and you'll see. And the only (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)