 Harry Potter / 209
Re: Harry Potter Creator box art
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 00:52:13 GMT

The hair pieces seem to have taken one more step toward naturalistic - away >from the symmetrical patterns of the past. I'm not sure I'm happy about that, >but I am sure I'll use lots of them.

Gotta agree here...very nice change of pace.

I like that owl (I asume it's an owl), sure looks Playmobil to me...

Aye, it's interesting...but I wish it were able to perch.  That I would like
even more...then, coupled with my wizard's hood (heehee, heehee), I could
have me an Archimedes to merit making Merlin's forest hut from Disney's The
Sword in the Stone. :-)

In the castle: Looks like droid escape pod elements as castle walls - very >cool.  Some have a brick pattern on them. Nice to see the small arched >windows there too. I'd love to know what angle the straight roof is on and >how it's held there.. looks like the low ramp element stuck to studed angle >brick (3x1x3.3).
I see a quarter-round railing element - cool to have more of those! I'll be
delighted if they're gray. Lots of flames there. Gray-blue roof with gray >walls should look nice.

I like the droid escape elements w/ brick on them too, if that's what those
are...somewhat.  I see a very juniorized version of the castle here...2x2x3
bricks, those icky KK castle wall pieces, and, even the round walls...I hate
to sound pessemistic, but this looks like another overpriced 6091...let's
hope not.

Nice lamp the tall guy has.

Aye!
About the tall guy...Hagrid, right? (sorry, I don't read HP)  He's got a
killer beard/hairpiece, but he looks like a 1x2x5 brick with a head and big
arms.  Now, if these arms fit the same as normal minifig arms, I see great
things for them...knuckledragging ogres, anybody? :-)

I don't think those are SCALA book elements. At least not at that scale. I had
expected the HP sets to use that opening book piece, but it'd be half the height
of a fig. Hard to say how realistic this art is supposed to be.

They look like 1x1 tiles to me, contrary to what Frank says.  I think it's
just the box perspective, or som'n...I guess we'll find out.

-Chris