 Harry Potter / 195
Re: Harry Potter Creator box art
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 18:50:23 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Matthew Gerber writes:

In lugnet.harrypotter, Christopher Pisciotti writes:
www.geocities.com/loch_forest/hpbox.html

Great! Thanks Christopher!

ditto! this is very interesting.

[...] What does everyone think?

I haven't been following the predicitons for HP stuff, but I had feared they
wouldn't use minifigs when I heard it was falling under LEGO Creator. I'm
extremely happily surprised at what I see. I recognize many elements as already
existing, and the new things look pretty good. I admit, I don't know much about
the HP stories, I haven't read them, but commenting as a Townie:

The hair pieces seem to have taken one more step toward naturalistic - away from
the symmetrical patterns of the past. I'm not sure I'm happy about that, but I
am sure I'll use lots of them.

I like that owl (I asume it's an owl), sure looks Playmobil to me...

In the castle: Looks like droid escape pod elements as castle walls - very cool.
Some have a brick pattern on them. Nice to see the small arched windows there
too. I'd love to know what angle the straight roof is on and how it's held
there.. looks like the low ramp element stuck to studed angle bricks (3x1x3.3).
I see a quarter-round railing element - cool to have more of those! I'll be
delighted if they're gray. Lots of flames there. Gray-blue roof with gray walls
should look nice.

I think the round sign is from Fabuland, also Mickey Mouse.

Always nice to see the round clock element (once again in synch with minifig
clocks everywhere).

Nice lamp the tall guy has.

I don't think those are SCALA book elements. At least not at that scale. I had
expected the HP sets to use that opening book piece, but it'd be half the height
of a fig. Hard to say how realistic this art is supposed to be.

-Suz