 Castle / 399
  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

I missed reading about a Castle Datsville idea being shot down. I would like a Castle Datsville. I think it would be cool if we could all build little structures in the old standard way (little modular sections of castle walls) and plug them all (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Different Idea over CastleDastville

Ok, I read James reasons for why it seems the idea is dead, how about instead of doing something like that. We start a castle with a ldraw, we build however much we want, and we then send it off to someone else and let them build onto it what they (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) That does sound like it could be a lot of fun - especially if you took "snapshots" at different times... I think I posted an idea like this a while back (rummage rummage rummage) Ah hah! "I had in mind no real style requirements - I think it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) I don't think it got shot down so much as just lost steam because no one could commit organizing it (like John VanZweiten is doing for Datsville) and no one volunteered webspace. (...) That would be way cool too! (...) Me too. :/ James (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Not going to happen any time soon. I'm too attached to designing in Coreldraw where I can easily dup and recolor, group and duplicate, and resize. Its not a problem of teaching an old dog new tricks. Its a problem of time constraints (I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) I don't have time to organize it, but I have tons of webspace. I can host it pretty easily. (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Actually, yes! I think that'd be very cool-- I think either/both ideas sound really cool! I just wish I could participate in them NOW! I'm probably won't start LDrawing/MLCADing/etc.ing until January, though, when I get a newer, cooler (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

Hi, (...) Hmm, I've got webspace, too and I would like to try the POV-Ray thing. With some things (like backgrounds), maybe John can give me some hints. I would use the following handling, if it's ok (and datsville-castle will really start): - (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Works for me. I'll probably put it on one of two accounts, possibly the one where I have the L-CAD parts update mirrors - it has a couple hundred megs. If I need more I can always put it on one of my Linux boxes - they each have several gigs (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) much (...) Excellent! It looks like we might actually be getting off the ground here... All we need now is a concensus as to what we're actually modeling. My preference is either: a: the 'roving dat file' approach that Mookie (I think) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

Hi, (...) (ala (...) I would prefer (b), because of the relativly simple handling. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) holding up the works for whaever reason. A few rules that I insist on if I do the mpd: 1.no use of parts that do not exist/have never existed in colors you have used them in (in case someone ever tries to build the model or any of the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Regarding the unifficial parts can people who have them please send them to me? I am going to make a package containing all the unofficial castle parts I have and any I get sent so that everybody is using the same version (if there is more (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) That you insist on? How about we all AGREE to some rules? After all, this isn't just YOUR project, right? (...) I don't think this is valid at all. One good thing that could come out of this is showing off just what we _could_ do if we could (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Sorry for being rude. I should have said that they are suggestions. (...) o.k. then forget that one then. (...) i am not entirly sure why i put the comments in... (...) nope. I am not. I am just going to make a gatehouse, that's all. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

Hi Jonathan, (...) avalable Why not simply put them into the MPD, too. So you get them in all cases. (...) OK, I will take a look at some clouds and hills for POV, in the meantime. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

What are MPDs? I've build a peasent hut in LeoCad. Exactally what do I do with it to get into CastleDatville? (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) What I meant is that when you post your model to lugnet, make sure that the unofficial parts are included in the MPD or whatever. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Why no STEP commands? Sensibly laid out STEP commands can make a submodel much more easy to understand by a person looking at it. And I can't see why including the STEP commands is a hassle for anyone using the DAT files. Fredrik (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)