 Castle / 1970 (+20)
  Re: Going about building a Medieval Bridge...

(...) Stone or wood both work. (...) Stone would most likely be open. Without linear structural supports (beams) it would need to have a fair number of arches and footings depending on its length. Wooden could be covered or not. Stamford Bridge was (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Going about building a Medieval Bridge...

(...) I've been looking on the 'net for some details...I haven't yet found a picture of the famous "London Bridge" but that might be an interesting one for you to think about. (...) If it's the main entrance...D! The real medieval London Bridge (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  A mill?

Following Eric's suit, I'm thinking of building a mill for the town... Actually, I'm just planning on building another larger building. My problem with building houses is that after building 7 houses (5 in white w/ black trim), I've nearly RUN OUT (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Going about building a Medieval Bridge...

(...) That's the one medieval bridge that I have actually seen in person (it is, rather obscenely, in Lake Havasu, Arizona). Quite wide, lots of arches. Bruce (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

I was thinking about this too ... it's ripe for some beautiful creativity. Two types of mills I can think of: 1) Wind-Powered Mill 2) Water-Powered Mill The first can be your standard Don-Quixote type, shaped more or less like a lighthouse with the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

Speaking of mills. I have discovered another use for those brown wing pieces in the Star Wars Droid Fighter Sets. Windmill blades. The cool thing is that on a good, freely spinning hub/axle they actually work. When you blow on them the blades spin. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Going about building a Medieval Bridge...

(...) The LB in Lake Havasau, AZ was actually built in the 1700s, a bit late for medieval era. The medieval London Bridge was made of wood, which personally boggles me as the Thames is a nice wide river. The stone bridge was built after the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Going about building a Medieval Bridge...

(...) The correct answer is yes. :) More seriously, it depends on the function, as I'm sure you've gathered from the other posts on this thread. There is no "typical" bridge I can point to, but I can offer some suggestions. A stone bridge will be (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Going about building a Medieval Bridge...

(...) "London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down..." Sound familiar? Little historic nursery rhyme reference for you. -Phil (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Going about building a Medieval Bridge...

(...) I thought you were refering to the stone one since the wooden ones are long gone (?). You are correct, the actual stone one was a later-than-medieval replacement. Oops. Bruce (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Going about building a Medieval Bridge...

Hi Eric, I don't know too much about lego bridges, but I have seen a couple of bridges in my (short) life ;-) I don't know if they were medieval or not, but heck, it's worth a shot... (They were all in Israel, maybe Crusaders era?) All of these (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil character

Shiri <shirid@hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws Foz0LF.J4@lugnet.com... (...) witches (...) Lion's (...) Hi Shiri! You're absolutely right. That's exactly where I got the name from. My spelling is just one of many. Although I know hardly (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

(...) still (...) So (...) provide (...) Hi Dave, I've seen a few water-powered mills in my life. I'm trying to remember (one doesn't often remember second-grade field trips :-) what they looked like and how they worked. Would you want them to be (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil character

(...) Yeah, the whole teachings are somewhat mystical. And quite stupid, too. (Not your creation! Just the real one) (...) Actually, no. It doesn't really interest me (at all). I'm not very religious (at all) and the "esoteric interpretation" (see (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil character

(...) Like I said, Crowley was involved in the Western Esoteric version. Of course there's a lot of rubbish. The man was an utter nut. (Hopefully I haven't upset any Hermetics...) (...) Ya know, if you put it in as (URL) it will show up as a link in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil character

(...) Well, I don't know the guy or the context... (...) I didn't know it doesn't work... It works without the http:// in the web interface. Thanks! -Shiri Here it is...: (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil character

(...) Is that the root word for Cabal? (...) I doubt it. They've all been Hermetically sealed for our protection. ;) Jeff, The Punomancer What's in a name? I have no idea, but at least my minifigs have some now! (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  [CW] FAQ

I am writting the FAQ for Castle World and need some input on what are some of the questions that should be included? I will also be making a neat button to use as a link when I post a few auctions on e-bay (castle related). (like put one character (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] FAQ

(...) (URL) in the future if we get a domain name this won't be a problem... No money for it just yet being a student;) (I have no issues with xoom.com anyway) -- pn (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] FAQ

(...) Who What Where Why (Ooops, those are the guidelines for a theater scene ;-) (j/k) Let me expand on this... Who - explain who is running this (well, you, Pawel, but also all the fans, etc) What - what is to be included in the site Where - (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact