 Castle / 10870
Re: Here's a preview of the new one...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 20:07:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Siskind writes:
At Pawel's urging, here are some snapshots of the latest castle I'm working on.
this one is a fiary tale castle I'm building as a doll house for my daughter
(fits both minfig and scala)....

http://www.brickmania.com/gallery_castle.html

Enjoy!

Dan

This castle is magnificient!  Your daughter must really love it.  For her to
see the daily progress is probably just as much a treat as getting to play
with a more finished structure.

I am fascinated that it can fit both minifig scale and scala scale.  This
would certainly gives it more play value.  How is this accomplished?

The printed base on which the castle stands is really nice.  Could you give
some information about it? Is it part of the table?

I think the Disney theme park castles are based on the Alcazar in Segovia,
Spain, which was built in the 11th century and rebuilt at the beginning of
the  15th century
http://www.castles.org/castles/Europe/Western_Europe/Spain/spain.htm
http://www.greatbuildings.com/cgi-bin/gbi.cgi/The_Alcazar.html/cid_3122724.gbi

I look forward to hearing and seeing more...

regards,
sheree