 Castle / 10876
Re: Here's a preview of the new one...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:35:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
In lugnet.castle, Daniel Siskind writes:
I think those Disney castles were modeled on a number of castles and the >>Alcazar
of Segovia is probably a large contributor.  I also think a big influence was
Neauschwanstein in Germany and there is even a reference to Disney here:

http://www.castles.org/castles/Europe/Central_Europe/Germany/germany7.htm

I didn't think about this one in relation to the Disney ones.  It is always
good to have more information. thanks!

Yep, Cinderalla's castle (or is it sleeping beauty? I've heard different
versions) was greatly influenced by Neuschwanstein. Walt Disney apparently
spent some time there and was inspired. Many parts of the interior were
never furnished, because King Ludwig II died before it was completed. I was
there on tour in 1997, and it is beautiful indeed.

-Shiri