 Castle / 10885
Re: Here's a preview of the new one...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:32:47 GMT

The printed base on which the castle stands is really nice.  Could you give
some information about it? Is it part of the table?

That's a Thomas the Tank Engine play table made by the company that does the
wooden trains.  It's very nice, but also quite expensive, so we have to thank
grandma for that!

We have a ton of Brio trains, and 2+ years ago we decided that a table was
needed.  We looked at a number of options- the Brio table, the Thomas one,
and an off-brand one built locally.

All of them were way overpriced, and none had really good Lego dimensions.
So I built my own table that is 30" by 50".  The 10" increments make it
perfect for Lego baseplates.  The best part?  The total cost, including
paint, was around $55 and it's rock-solid.

Of course, we didn't use it for the wooden trains for very long.  It's just
not big enough for a cool layout.  It's now the Duplo table, and sits in
front of the living room couch where most people would have a coffee table.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com