 Castle / 10860
  Here's a preview of the new one...

At Pawel's urging, here are some snapshots of the latest castle I'm working on. this one is a fiary tale castle I'm building as a doll house for my daughter (fits both minfig and scala).... (URL) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) bricks must be astonishing. How can you find the time to build such wonderful models, AND maintain a Brickbay/GOB store at the same time?! :) Please be sure to show us the finished product (with lotsa pics of course!). -Bryan P.S. Thanks to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) Don't forget I volunteer 1 night a week building for the GMLTC too! I have a LOT of complete MOC's I built there I just haven't taken pictures of yet. My source of gray bricks in nearly exhaustless as the careful observer may have noticed I (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

They are made up of white lances, 1x1 round bricks, 1x1 cones and this weird technic gear that recently came as part of an antenna in the big Arctic base and also in the less recent Technic "Spy Runner" car (I have no idea what the part is called). (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

Thats looking fantastic. I love the way youv'e used fencing to top off the roof over the gate house what pieces are the white spires made from?? I cant quite place them James www.minifig.co.uk "Daniel Siskind" <blackened@visi.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) -Shiri (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) This castle is magnificient! Your daughter must really love it. For her to see the daily progress is probably just as much a treat as getting to play with a more finished structure. I am fascinated that it can fit both minifig scale and scala (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) I only get to work on it 1 or 2 days per month, so she's pretty much used to playing with it as is, with the random suprise arrival of a new tower or finished section. She's really kicking my butt to finish the main keep and Sleeping Beauty's (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) I think it is better this way. Each new section can be appreciated in its own right. Also better for a child to not get everything immediately. (...) I don't know the age of your daughter ... perhaps as she gets older she will want to redesign (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) Indeed. That's amazing. No, let me try that again. THAT'S AMAZING. Cinderella's castle holds a special place in my heart since it was the model builders building a big one (and letting me and hordes of others help) at Disney Village Orlando (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) Yep, Cinderalla's castle (or is it sleeping beauty? I've heard different versions) was greatly influenced by Neuschwanstein. Walt Disney apparently spent some time there and was inspired. Many parts of the interior were never furnished, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

Beautiful! I really love the way it looks quite fairy tale like, but also very medieval. If it fits both minifigs AND scala, you really have quite a diverse project there. I like the cross shaped arrow slits too! Are those rubber bands you have (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) I love it Dan.... the castle would prob look just as GREAT in white too....!!! Ya just need to get some xmas lights and place them through the castle.. I'm sure it would look GREAT with the llights out... Kev... : ) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) Yes, actually the rubber bands hold the 45 degree angle sides of the walls in place while I am building. They are locked in place at the tops and bottoms, but four of the seven octagonal towers don't yet have the tops on them. Someday I'll (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) Dan, Wow, what an enchanting castle! One question, do you make the towers with hinge bricks to get the octagonal shape? George (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) We have a ton of Brio trains, and 2+ years ago we decided that a table was needed. We looked at a number of options- the Brio table, the Thomas one, and an off-brand one built locally. All of them were way overpriced, and none had really good (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

In lugnet.castle, Tony Hafner writes: ..snip.. (...) I had mine in front of my couches until the castle got so tall you could no longer see the TV! Dan (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

(...) There are no hinges involved at all. The diagonal sections are locked in by studs at the base and top only. You can try using hinge bricks, but they seem to produce crummy geomtry. Dan (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Here's a preview of the new one...

Interesting... How structurally sound is that technique? It seems like if you pressed your finger halfway up those sections, they would buckle. Are they braced somehow? Eric (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)