 Castle / 10400 (+100)
  Re: Timelines

(...) Hmmmmm, I am pretty sure that "Harry Potter" takes place in our times. They have cars and everything. Sounds like it could have been in the 1970's+ Maybe the books would release a date in one chapter.... I am pretty sure its in our time (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Night Raid!

(...) Anthony, I *finally* sat down and read the whole thing. The entire Chronicles of Ikros. Whew, long read! But, after reading it all...I want more! This is an excellent story with well developed characters; a true epic. Amazing work. Please keep (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Timelines

(...) I agree. A British car buff familiar with Ford products may be able to pin it even more accurately because the Weaselys (in book 2) have a Ford Anglia that is referred to as "old" and "rusty" but not "antique". A cursory search in Google seems (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Peasant's cottage

(...) Well, the roof on the "first house" picture looks a lot like Chris Maddison's roof. The roof on your newer houses looks like a cross between his and Kyle Peterson's roof. Is it movable? (Chris' roof is very play-oriented while Kyle's is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: a small treefort

(...) links to people's micro creations. The space people and mecha guys use it quite often, but there's only so many castle-oriented microfig stuff (Colditz comes to mind, Barbara Sproat's ninja stuff, and a few others). That treefort is waaaaay (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: a small treefort

(...) Thanks Shiri! (...) definitely, but there's only so many castle-oriented microfig stuff (...) Thanks, - I love the way you used those (...) The chain links would also work for a rope bridge or something too, did I say that outloud? and it all (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Timelines

Actually, in the second book, The date is revealed.. the story for the second book takes place around 1991, which means the rest would be the following years. Later! -Jay (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

(...) I JUST finished reading that one, what chapter? Can't believe I missed it! (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJ0qsp.MG9@lugnet.com... (...) They (...) its (...) Anglia (...) search (...) 1960s... (...) There are still a few on the road so it doesn't really date it any more accurately than (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Timelines/Monkeys

***...***Looks like it’s happing All Over Again… (...) Is Harry Potter and his world- Town? Castle? (...) Perhaps it’s a Town-Castle hybrid set in the present... (((Yet this seemed to have fallen upon deaf ears, or blind eyes…))) (...) Sounds like (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Timelines/Monkeys

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Noeckel writes: <Stuff I snipped...'nuff said!> Now look here...I don't have to take this abuse from you...I've got hundreds of people lined up to abuse me! "Eye-bitin' monkey"...SHEESH! 8?P Matt *hee-hee* (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Night Raid!

(...) Anthony, for weeks I've been waiting for that chapter, and the next, and next, and next...I look forward to being able to do so. I guess the fact that your story is so capturing and interesting makes me go mad over it! (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Timelines/Monkeys

(...) I have no idea how I got sucked into this conversation. None of the named posts reference me, nor have I posted before in this thread. It's a complete mystery! Maybe the monkey's done more damage than Richard thought--it's preying upon the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm the 'T' in 'Teaser' (i know!)

oh i know! daravon is the traitor against ulmerad! or at least garalt thinks so, and rightly he should. daravon is an icky icky person, who's heart pumps not blood like yours and mine, but a thick black ooze. peace -lenny (...) several (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter sets & prices

I assume the "Final Challenge" is the mirror of Erised? - Sean (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Timelines

(...) I'd like an answer to this as well, Lar! I'll be finished with Chamber of Secrets before sunrise and I'm certain I didn't see a date. Anyone have a page number that proves this? -Dave (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Timelines

Okay, I'm not going crazy, however... I just asked my lil' sis( a HUGE HP fan) about the date, and she agreed with me about the date being correct. However, she doesn't think it's in the second book. I'm currently scanning all four books to find the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  I'm Back (hope you remember me)

Hi Everyone, My name is Cj Catuogno I used to post here a while ago and i also had my own lego castle minifig site. about one year ago my computer crashed and i couldnt afford to get it fixed. I scrounged up the money and i finally got back online. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm Back (hope you remember me)

(...) Welcome back, CJ! I don't really recall conversing with you, but my memory is fuzzy when it comes to people I meet. Regardless, I'm glad you've been able to get yourself back online and look forward to seeing some of your creations! Let the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Peasant's cottage

(...) No, the roof isn't movable -- it simply pops off the house, only held onto the house by a few 1x2 1 stud plates. I tried doing a movable roof with my first house attempt, but couldn't figure out which hinge would be better for the job & how (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Minifigs wanted.

Hi, I have taken up a new sport called geocaching (URL) go aout on weekends with a GPS and treasure hunt. My handle at geocaching.com is Lego Man. I always put two Lego minifigs in each cache I find. The problem is I am running out of minifigs. If (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: cthulhu

Crossposted to - ".general", 'cuz I forgot to include it originally - ".castle", 'cuz this deals w/ "fantasy" [1] literature - ".pirates", 'cuz it's a _sea_monster_... ;-) Thanks, Franklin (...) [1] ...Actually, it deals w/ "horror" literature, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  The warmth of sunlight, an end to fear...

My friends, your wait is over. I've completed the last two chapters of this update, and they are now ready for viewing. I hope you enjoy them. I am proud to give you all three chapters of my latest update (I'm adding in the chapter I already (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle) !

  Microfig diorama...

Includes the tree fort, but I added a gorge and waterfall, and a bridge going over it. Let me know what you think! BTW, I couldn't figure out a way to fix the horse, but I did add a 1 x 1 round handle holder thingy to it's head. Don't think it did (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Microfig diorama...

(...) Shweet! I loved the chain links used as a ladder, but the rope bridge is just too cool! Very nifty mini-landscape too; I like the waterfall. :-) -Chris (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The warmth of sunlight, an end to fear...

Hey Anthony, Yet again you've amazed me! Keep it coming, I can't wait for more! -Jay (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Microfig diorama...

(...) I wis I had a few more BURP's though... I like the waterfall. :-) Thanks Chris! -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) I've seen a castle and cathedral built in microfig scale. I also remember a tiny town in the context of a train layout in the basement of a minifig-scale house. I don't recall the originators of either of those. X-Posting to .Castle and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) Barbara and I did some: (URL) - jsproat (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) full castle in microfig scale (moat, glacis (sp?), bailey etc. absolutely everything), should be fun, you'll have to wait a little while though, I have other priorities at da moment, ;-) -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) I did a minifig scale train layout a while back. (URL) to you see what i have cooking next... -chris ps. someone a while back was making fantastically detailed towns in microfig scale. don't know who though.... (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) Me too. :-, A microfig (I'm thinking "stickfig" :-) castle would seriously rock, though. Actually, I'm kinda surprised that we're not seeing more from the Castleworld folks. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) bravo! The fact that it's a minifig-scale toy train is over the top. :-, (...) I think I've seen these. As I recall, they were using "plate 1x1 with clip light" as the axle on a 2-wide truck -- an technique I'm now using and would like to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) Yeah, heck I shouldn't even be posting here! :-D Well, I was just upstairs fiddlin, and I came up with a way to do a micro fig tanks! and only three studs long! I'll incorporate this with a diorama, pics tonight, should be good...hehe. :-D (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) And even a 6 stud long chieftan bridge laying tank! And a bunker, and humvees! and infantry! BTW, Bryce, I think I'm catchin' up as far as shameless plugs go, ;-D But it will be tough to beat da masta' though! :-D -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) Not sure you're talking about these, but here are some original microtrains my son (10 years old at the time) built last year: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) I'm not sure about other castleheads (or Castleworldheads), but I'm living in a gopher hole right now... pop my head up once in a while, but mostly I'm hiding. In a couple weeks, I'll be done organizing NALUG's next train show appearance, and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Galaxy Inn.

Jason Grant <waytoomanytoys@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GIoozI.6pt@lugnet.com... (...) Idea (...) Ooh, like the one with the disturbing rocket-powerd horses and the odd alien people! -- Markham Who needs sanity when you have iNsAniTy?! All (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) Ahem: (URL) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Harry Potter getting left out

Just spoke to a worker in The Entertainer and they said that they would categorically not be stocking Harry Potter LEGO on their shelves. This is due to the religious beliefs of the owner (he feels its inapropriate and so wont stock any Harry Potter (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) Although, the type of castle I meant was like the full deal, I'm thinking about a foot long with a village etc, glacis moat, inner wall, everything. :-D (...) -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

"James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GJCtt4.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) Well, it will be them that lose out then, just like they do for not opening on a Sunday (because they are 'keep Sunday special' supporters!) when (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Is this an anti-magical thing? Did they refuse to sell Fright Knights and Dragon Masters too? John #388 (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

James Stacey <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GJCtt4.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) And yet these people stock computer games like "Diablo" and "Doom"... -- Markham Who needs sanity when you have iNsAniTy?! All your Lego base are (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Huw Millington (<GJCy1q.KFo@lugnet.com>) wrote at 19:02:39 (...) The one near me opens on Sunday, but their LEGO selection is rubbish, so I won't be going back. (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:GJCy1q.KFo@lugnet.com... (...) And just what is wrong about this? What's wrong about having a day off to be with the family? -- Markham (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  My Webserver

My webserver currently housed at 64.193.132.185 will be going down soon, <slated for the 10th> hopefully only for a few days (though could take up to 6 weeks), while I'm being transferred to local Ameritech <sound of cookies being tossed> lines. My (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Markham, you are right. Keeping Sunday special, they obviously are Christians, Catholics, Lutherans, or other religious people and what we have here are Atheists criticizing Christian or other Religious beliefs, because they probably don't (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

I would like to quickly comment on so many people's objection to Harry Potter. As a large fan of fantasy novels, I have always found this strong objection to fantasy from different religious factions quite peculiar. My first girlfriend many years (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Sunday as a special day

The idea of keeping the Sabboth (Sunday/Saturday) is an ancient church tradition. I think it holds a lot of merrit regardless of your religious beliefs. While growing up, my family always had "Family Day" every Sunday. My brother and I weren't (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Nothing. And if you choose to run your firm that way, it ought to be your perogative to do so. No law should prevent you from closing your shop on whatever day you choose, just as no law should prevent you from *opening* your shop on whatever (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Dinosaurs/Castle/Ninja crossover ideas

I've always thought the dinosaur sets were crap, big dinosaurs and nothing more. But now, I see that you can fit bricks on their backs, which gave me an idea. You coud use the dinosaurs and castle bricks, to build a fantasy medieval world, where (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dinosaurs/Castle/Ninja crossover ideas

(...) It's called Dinotopia...see here: (URL) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dinosaurs/Castle/Ninja crossover ideas

Look at the links from here, I think this is exactly what you are talking about: (URL) (In no way, shape, or form, responsible for the above) (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dinosaurs/Castle/Ninja crossover ideas

Yes, it resembles Dinotopia pretty much. (I have the book "Dinotopia", that is one of my sources of inspiration for this) The link martin gave me shows pretty much what I had in mind -though my minifigs would look more like the forestmen. --Tobias (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) Truth be told, I just finished one of those yesterday, after reading this particular thread over. The castle itself is 28x28, with the surrounding land occupying a 48x64 area. I hope to have pics of it up as soon as I can find a digicam to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sunday as a special day

"Keith Kirchoff" <legosarefun@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:F68ybK8YoSquJGK...ail.com... (...) unfortunately, shopping now seems to be a modern idea of a 'family day' out. regards lawrence (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJDrnz.7q4@lugnet.com... (...) The problem, if there is one, was created by bizarre rules about what could and couldn't be sold on Sundays. Whilst for many years, much long after the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) sweet! well I look forward to seeing it! -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) and couldn't be sold on Sundays. (...) for most shops to trade on Sunday, I'm not sure how consistent this was across the US, so such a comparison might not be highly accurate. I know that in 1985, most stores in Missouri were closed on (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:GJEG7x.Lt8@lugnet.com... (...) The Sunday Trading Act that allowed stores to open on Sunday in the UK was as recent as 1994. regards lawrence (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  fire

when the first expidition left my kingdom for an expidition to the isle of mists they returned a day later having sprung a leak that night some peasnents agenst the whole isle of mist thing burnt the expeditions boat to a crisp. gaurds were lucky to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) The U.S. Supreme Court held in 1961 that blue laws enacted by states (and by extension municipalities, I presume) restricting various aspects of Sunday commerce were constitutional. I don't believe that that decision has ever been overturned, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) As much as I don't want to advertise for them, do make a point of trying their lemonade if you like hyper-strong (sour) lemonade mixes. I think you spelled it right. Chris (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Actually, most stores in the Netherlands *still* don't open on Sunday, some because of statute--church attendance is down almost 75% from just 20 years ago, so it's not an anti-secular thing anymore. I hear Belgium's the same way, as is much (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Star Wars = Castle!

Does anyone else think that the ‘New 2002’ -Star Wars- minifigs will make a great addition to Castle. I can’t wait to procure about a dozed Ewoks to use as Forest gnomes. Also, the Yoda fig could be perfect to use on a knights body so that we can (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GJEqAn.K47@lugnet.com... (...) Small shops can open 24x7 Large shops (over 280sqm) can only open 6 hours on Sunday - any 6 hours between 10am and 6pm. Dont know anything about a rule (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) No, what you mention up there rings a bell. I had thought there was some tie to Saturday's hours as well, but perhaps not. I wonder how long it will take the GLA to fix *that*. And has PPP been tanked yet?!? I hope so. Britain doesn't need (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Why? Does this seem fair or correct to you, out of curiosity? Trimmed FUT down to just .debate... which I forgot to do first time, sorry... ++Lar (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Star Wars = Castle!

"Kim Kates" <qawsedrftgb@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GJEt8t.3BF@lugnet.com... (...) This depends on whether you think castle = fantasy. regards lawrence (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Star Wars = Castle!

(...) I'd trade all that for a couple of decent domesticated animals. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  possibility of new castle stuffs

OK I've been on holiday for a fortnight so if it's been brought up already I apologise, but posted by Brad Justus in .lego.direct was: (URL) anyone find out if it was done by an insider at LEGO, and if so, where did he get some of the pieces from, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) In Texas we have "dry" and "wet" counties. You know when you've crossed from a dry county to a wet county because the liquor stores and, not uncommonly, the topless bars, crowd the county line. I'd wager that deaths from DWI's are higher in (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message news:GJGFrM.B60@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, I know. I used to live in Plano. It bemused my British wife and I that we had to drive 12 miles to buy liqour but that we could buy a gun in the local (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Kingdom of Caerany, an Intro.

These are the preliminary structures to be found within my imaginary world, called Caerany (the people are Caers). first a note about 'caer'. the word can be traced to 'cairn' which means a stoen structure or fortress. In the far North, the people (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  new MOC up on my site

been a bit slack lately and had my latest effort kickin round for ages, so I went outside and photo'd it this evening. Up on my site now - a medieval house with courtyard - made from my spanking new Guarded Inn's LMKWYT ta James www.minifig.co.uk (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) I thought they might've been yours, though the fact that they're not 8-wide kinda confused me a bit. ;-D Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Microfig doesn't mean space does it?

(...) scale, though... Seriously however, I *do* like this, though it's kinda small and sketch-ish. I think microfig would make it easy to put lots of historically accurate detail into a full-sized castle with inner and outer curtain and full-sized (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  New Creations posted

I just scanned some Minifigs that i just made they are located at (URL) you in advance for checking them out LMKWYT P.S. How do i post these on Castle-World i have some really cool background stories for them. (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kingdom of Caerany, an Intro.

(...) <snipped> (...) Lenny, Very well done! Nicely "Chronicled", too! When do we get more pictures of Castle Pahl? I'd love to see some interior pictures. I have to agree that 6066 is one of the best castle sets. It's part of a 3-way tie for my (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

isn't a cairn a stone burial mound ?? caer is a celtic derivation of castle of course it can mean what you like for your story :) James (who lives in Caerphilly) "leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GJGI7u.IE9@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kingdom of Caerany, an Intro.

(...) actually, in my research i found that cairn was the root for caer, that both were of similiar origin. but then again, that was from a internet celtic dictionary, so that info is always sketchy. im using celtic names as inspiration for Caerany. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kingdom of Caerany, an Intro.

(...) when i do them and photo them (ha ha). im in the middle of moving into a new house, and so my fiance makes me clean things up, and put away my stuff, and uhh.. not play with legos as much. the next batch of pictures should be of downtown (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: new MOC up on my site

(...) James, A nice house, and you have quite the collection of buildings and houses, enough for a small town if you have enough pieces. Thanks! George (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) The trouble is that logic has nothing to do with it - all those Harry Potter objections are about some eejit getting the wrong end of the stick (deliberately or otherwise), making a lot of noise (empty vessel) with the inevitable consequence (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Memorial Monument erected in Velaria

Hey guys. I just uploaded some new pics of the monument i created for those who passed today in the tragedies in New York, D.C. and Pittsburg. My heart goes out to those touched by this unthinkeable sadness, and can only offer my sincerest regrets. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Memorial Monument erected in Velaria

(...) By the way, the url for the pics is: The url is: www.brickshelf.com/g.../memorial/ (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Memorial Monument erected in Velaria

Or, (URL) , rather. -Jay (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New micro fig diorama...

This should of been posted a while ago, anyway... I thought I might post somethin' to take our minds away from the devestating incident that happened earlier today. :-( (even though it's not a particularily peaceful model :-o) Here ya go, the first (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New micro fig diorama...

(...) Hmmm... very nice... I think these dioramas are just begging for a story :0)!! Rob McMurray "must...fight... dark age..." (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Creations posted

(...) you can email them to castle_world@hotmail.com but no guarantee when we'll get to them. Chris was busy even before all this and I don't think we're going to have any time/patience/whatever to work on CW just now. -the dazed shiri (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new MOC up on my site

Great work James! I recently built an inn with the Tudor wall pieces from the 5 Guarded inns I bought, as part of a big castle project of mine. I appreciate the problems associated with building something like that which looks realistic on the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: new MOC up on my site

i haven't been writing much recently, but i wanted to tell you how much i like your site. it has a simplicity and an elegance to it, and also a uniqueness that are striking. bravo! on both the recent MOC, and the site in general! keep up the good (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: new MOC up on my site

Thanks yes I keep all my MOCs, and have them displayed on my shelves (Off to Ikea for more shelving on the weekend :) ) I enjoy building using what ever parts I have free at the time, which is why a lot of my MOCs are made using mainly a specific (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: new MOC up on my site

Thanks Magnus, It'd be cool to see your Inn, I'm supprised by the lack of MOCs resulting in the re-release ,or did I miss them whilst on holiday? I love to see the different angles and concepts people come up with the same starting point. James (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: new MOC up on my site

aw shucks I keep seeing the amazing things people are building like Bryce McGlone's mech and Anthony Sava's dragons, they are using LEGO in ways I could never begin to imagine with the pile of pieces in front of me. makes you feel a bit dumb putting (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: new MOC up on my site

(...) Well, bring them along to Lawrence's Lego Fest in Crowthorne! Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: ??? 2 Castle set Questions ???

Talk about a delayed reaction response....but I just found this (4807 "Fire Attack") at the Lego store in Downtown Disney. It's the cheapest set I have found to build up a Bull army, so I bought an armload. I couldn't recall ever seeing it before so (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ??? 2 Castle set Questions ???

Ive seen them here in the UK but only in larger Tesco stores. They were the cheapest way of building an army (at£1.49) each, till the chrome sets came out here (2 figs for £1.99) James "Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new MOC up on my site

actually, i think other people's 'super' creations provide even more justification for other people doing small scale stuff (myself included, i think my largest city will be almost 3' x 2'.. my largest castle 10"x10"). i dont want to discredit (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact