 Castle / 10419
Re: Peasant's cottage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:44:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Michael Huffman writes:

No problem.  I think I borrowed the roof design from a friend, who I think
inturn borrowed it from someone on LUGNET -- I forgot who originally posted
the design -- my friend showed me a few buildings he made for his new castle
layout; I decided it was time to try a few of my own.

Well, the roof on the "first house" picture looks a lot like Chris
Maddison's roof. The roof on your newer houses looks like a cross between
his and Kyle Peterson's roof. Is it movable? (Chris' roof is very
play-oriented while Kyle's is design-oriented and cannot be lifted.)

No, the roof isn't movable -- it simply pops off the house, only held onto
the house by a few 1x2 1 stud plates.  I tried doing a movable roof with my
first house attempt, but couldn't figure out which hinge would be better
for the job & how they should connect to the plates.  I think I had in mind
Chris' roof design when I was trying my first attempt -- I had just seen Chris'
roof a few days before & liked it very much -- but made a mess of it.

--Mike.