 Castle / 10474
10473  |  10475
Subject:
Kingdom of Caerany, an Intro.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:07:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

These are the preliminary structures to be found within my imaginary world,
called Caerany (the people are Caers).

first a note about 'caer'. the word can be traced to 'cairn' which means a
stoen structure or fortress.  In the far North, the people there built many
cairns as a means of protecting themselves from nomadic raiders.
eventually, the word 'caer' came to refer to the people themselves.

in the mid 800's, a southern empire of the Lonsans, lead by emporer Paul I
invaded and subdued the land of the caers (called Copecaer, or the Cope),
but it was his son, Paul II who finally established firm Lonsan rule in
Copecaer.

in 876, after every major enemy of the Lonsans had been defeated, Paul II
began his 'Beautification Project', in an effort to show the elegance of
power of the Lonsans throughout their empire.

in 881, as apart of the Project, Paul II ordered a castle to be built in the
regional capital of Copecaer, Coplton.  The site chosen was the ancient
cairn of kings (Qans), called Cairn Qaatore.  the castle was to be named for
Paul II's father, who was called 'Pahl' in the North.  Hence, Castle Pahl.

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6845

The castle was also built in an effort to fortify the North after a horrible
rebellion in 879, lead by the Wolf Clan.  Although the popular leader
Axieliang had been killed, his son Kian, took over the leadership and
continued the fight against foreign domination.

Kian changed the name of his secret headquarters to Cairn Firriney (fort of
truth), which would serve as a center for planning guerilla attacks, but
also as a commune for any Caer who did not wish to live under the Lonsan
boot.  Soon peasants began building huts around the Cairn, and farming local
products, such as cabbage.  They were fullfilling what Kian called,
"building a free caerany, with or without popular support, right underneath
the noses of those lonsan pigs."

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6846

(and yes, Cairn Firriney is 6066, my single favorite castle set ever!, but
the trees and the hut are MOC)

more will come when more is built, and discovered...

and also a folder for Misc. stuff, right now a catapult powered by rubber
bands (lego rubber bands, from the LOM sets)

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6847

peace to all!
-lenny