 Castle / 10055 (+20)
  Re: Factions

<<services of mercenaries from the North (Axemen). (...) this brings up something ive been wondering about: what is up with the axemen? i mean they generally hang with lions (crusaders), and carry their swords, and thats fine and all.. but, why the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions (and violence)

(...) im sorry, but a few people have said this before and ive gotta ask: how is lego is anyway nonviolent? every castle set includes weaponry of some sort. it is a given conclusion that each faction is at least sometime in combat with eachother? (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: some MOC

(...) battlements (...) i agree.. when i make in this in actual bricks, i think i am definately going to try some sort of what you describe above. i haven't changed the ldraw because it would require such architectural changes for everything i want (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

OK, I haven't really created a "world" yet, but so far here is what it is roughly ike faction-wise. BTW, my fave faction is the Black Falcons There are two main kingdoms, Kingdom A and B, which have rivalled each oter for centuries, and often go to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Pics from Brickfest

My pictures from Brickfest are finally up on Brickshelf, you can take a look at them at: (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions (and violence)

(...) lego (...) a (...) military (...) some (...) You must ask yourself, just how many sets have you seen where a minifig was using a weapon on another minifig? I personally cannot recall a single one, though I'm sure there are a few. Yes, the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions (and violence)

(...) and (...) my point is that inherent violence is still violence, and by building toys with a militaristic focus Lego is giving an implied acceptance to violence. now it is granted that such a view flows from a 'defensive' violence than (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  my site

hello all im matt best and im 12 im somewhat of a castle head and im building a site.(theres no pics and an abysmal story but i hope to borrow a digital camera soon so there will be pics.) i have a few questions that im probably asking in the wrong (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: my site

(...) You don't have to do anything to say LEGO on your site, you just can't have the word *lego* in the url of your site. I'm not sure if this applies to Geocites or any of those other free website creator sites, does anyone else know? It also (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from Brickfest

(...) these shots (the window shot for example) and how you captured pretty much everything in the room in one shot or another. -- Pawel (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: my site

(...) Not exactly... you can't have lego in the *server* name. i.e. www.legocity.com is not ok, but www.blah.com/~whatever/lego/ is fine. You're right about the disclaimer - TLC requests a fan disclaimer. They can't really enforce that, but it's a (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Ikros Torso Stickers for sale

Follow up to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade Since I've gotten so many requests to print and sell my custom torso stickers, I've decided to do just that. You can find which one's I've printed here: (URL) sheet cotains 5 copies of crusader.jpg, 4 copies (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Factions (and violence)

Hello! (...) LEGO was proud of having never produced sets that glorify war and violence. They never produced (and I guess they won't ever produce) "Kriegsspielzeug" like WWI or WWII tanks, bombers and so on. But of course, swords and spears are (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions (and violence)

(...) Possible Exception: Life on Mars. (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) One place Lego seems to be heavily implying that the Bulls are evil is on their flash website story part. One time I looked it over and they pretty much come out and say "King Leo and family are great, and would be in paradise if it weren't (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) I always wondered too. Somewhat recently I got 6061 Siege Tower as a set and wondered who the Axemen were attacking with this? In the set the Axers are on the tower, on the wall and outside there is a Lion riding on a horse! What sense is (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Legoland Windsor

I've put some pictures up on my site from my visit to LEGOLAND the other day... they are all castle related, and I have a few more I migh try and put up tomorrow. -- James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from Brickfest

(...) Hey dude, do you know who had the Blue Dragon Soldiers in the front of the castle? Can you give me this persons e-mail address? Thanks dude, e-mail it to me if you can. (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from Brickfest

(...) That would be the one and only Craig Hamilton, aka craigo-lego. He won't sell *that* design though - he mentioned he wanted that to be a unique one. Plus, as a friendly warning in general, I wouldn't recommend asking him for designs - he'll (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) For me, the axemen cannot have their own faction for one simple reason--there is no such thing as an axeman shield. Plus, knights with the crossed axes appear guarding the King's castle, joining in the attack with the seige tower and battering (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact