 CAD / MLCad / 553 (-20)
  Re: My first model,please look

(...) Yes thats what I meant. (...) I pointed this out at the bottom of the page,I also listed the URL for the original!! I didn't think that anyone would mind if I copied a model that I liked, and I still think the original is better,I just wanted (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  I finally used MLCAD!

I decided to use MLCAD for my latest model: (URL) time I used LEdit, my monitor didn't behave very nicely since I was switching resolutions so often, so I decided to give the latest edition of MLCAD a shot. I'm glad that the keyboard short cuts work (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My first model,please look

(...) Thanks Mark. Looks like Gary built the model from my renderings and then put his model into MLCAD. In case anyone is interested, here is my original DAT file: (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My first model,please look

(...) Well, I'm glad you learned to use a LEGO modelling program (I'm certainly too lazy to figure one out myself) but I have to ask exactly what you meant by first MLCAD model. If you did meant your first original model, then it ended up looking an (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad FAQ

There's been a lot of good information posted to lugnet.cad.mlcad in the last week or so. Is anyone collecting the info to make a FAQ? Steve (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Follow up to Camera Tricks

Hi, I was having problems because the PCT value was not set at 0 so the values I inputted for the camera position put the camera in a place I did not expect. Thanks Jay Jacinto (...) if (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Follow up to Camera Tricks

OIC Thanks Jay Jacinto (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Follow up to Camera Tricks

Think of "angle" as "zoom". The smaller the number, the "closer" you are to the object. The larger the number, the "further away" you are. Royce (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Follow up to Camera Tricks

Hi Jay; If you want to adjust the "look at point" you can actually select one of your peices in a model. Look at it's co-oridnates in the Model Part List (top right window). Then put these exact co-ordinates into the "look at" point... You will be (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

(...) I go to this tab and set the "stud mode" to "None". It renders even faster yet. (It can make it a little difficult to work with at times.) If you plan to use Baseplates.... Wait until the end if you can. I try to place little markers for the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My first model,please look

Hi, You actually don't have to understand much about POV-RAY to use it. Just download L3P. You run that to covert the.dat file to a .pov. Then, you just open the file in the POV-RAY program, and select a resolution from the combo-box on the upper (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Follow up to Camera Tricks

Hi, I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean by "angle." There is something called "angle" that actually controls the the type of "lense" that you are using (i.e. a wide angle verses a telephoto). These settings are independent. The angle (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

Hi, I haven't been working with MLCad too long, but I have run into the same sort of problems. Here is one suggestion that I have that works well, I think. If you are working on a large model, you can "hide" a whole bunch of pieces that are on a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My first model,please look

(...) Hi, I downloaded POV-RAY and didn't exactly understand it,its the type of program where most comands are type written,I'm not verry good at that and I don't like it either. I know the model would look great because the original model was done (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

(...) Brad makes some good suggestions. The biggest one, I think, is to USE SUBASSEMBLIES. That is, make your main model an MPD and make lots of smaller sections that you assemble into one overall. when you are working on a subassembly you are only (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Follow up to Camera Tricks

(...) Hi, I have just one quick question, does this work with all camera angles? i.e. if the angle parameter were set to 10 degrees? Thanks in advance Jay Jacinto (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Follow up to Camera Tricks

A few messages ago, I brought up a technique for setting camera positions in POV-RAY by setting up light source objects in MLCAD. I had heard this from someone else. Another person suggested just setting the coordinates by getting moving the mouse (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My first model,please look

That's nice. Have you considered rendering it with POV-RAY? This is a free program that is relatively easy to use and provides much better display than MLCAD. You still use MLCAD for all the editing, but then you run POV-RAY to create a nicer (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

I have the same problems! Fortunately, there are several things you can do to speed things up: - First of all, make sure you have the very latest MLCAD release ( 1.99 ) - If you didn't download it in the last week, then its old. The older version (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  How do I speed things up ?

Hi, I'm new to MLCAD and I'm wondering how I can speed things up. The Star Destroyer model I'm working on is rather large (5,000+ bricks in the skeleton alone !) and it takes several seconds for each screen redraw. Is there a way to just work with (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact