 CAD / MLCad / 544
Re: How do I speed things up ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:38:05 GMT

- Go to "settings..", "General..." Change.." on the menu.  On the dialog, go
to the "rendering" tab.  Where it says "stud mode," change this to "lines."
This is the single biggest performance improvement you can get (that I know
of).  This will degrade the visual quality of the studs, but little lines
are displayed in their place.  This is usually good enough.  Make sure that
"Draw to selected part" is disabled.

I go to this tab and set the "stud mode" to "None". It renders even
faster yet. (It can make it a little difficult to work with at times.)

If you plan to use Baseplates.... Wait until the end if you can. I try
to place little markers for the baseplate corners and then remove them
from the model. Then when I'm finished then I re-insert the
baseplates.

Actually I am working on a Luxury Resort and it is currently over 2000
peices...

Royce

Ps I'd really like to see that Star Destroyer... Can you post a
picture / URL off the current work?