 CAD / MLCad / 572
Re: How do I speed things up ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad Michael Lachmann wrote:
I was thinking on that too, but this might be a bit confusing when parts are
not like a box, like you said most of the technic parts. But sure this is
also a possibility.

In L3Lab you can see how it looks:
hold down the SHIFT key while rotating the model by the mouse.
/Lars

Anders Isaksson <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> schrieb in im
Newsbeitrag: G3IKpq.65G@lugnet.com...
Michael Lachmann skrev i meddelandet ...

What if would be possible to mark certain parts for outline or wire-frame
drawing?

Why not a mode which paints just the bounding boxes of pieces, instead of the
detailed piece? This might be easier/faster than interpreting all the .dat-s
and drawing all the lines. You also see the color of the piece better than in
wire-frame mode.

L3P can generate .pov files in this way, and mostly it is very clear how the
model will look.

It might not work so well with Technic parts though...

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm