 CAD / MLCad / 559
Re: How do I speed things up ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:25:31 GMT

"Andy Lynch" <andy@andyandjackie.com> wrote in message
news:004b01c0426c$202b8c80$0f0112ac@meridianhealth.com...
Hi,
I haven't been working with MLCad too long, but I have run into the same
sort of problems.  Here is one suggestion that I have that works well, I
think.

If you are working on a large model, you can "hide" a whole bunch of • pieces
that are on a part of the model that you are not currently working on.

The best way that I have found to do this is to use the cursor to • minimize
the area that MLCad is using for drawing(1).  You do this by positioning • the
cursor between the text list of DAT lines, and the four display areas. • Then
you click and drag that line to the bottom of the screen.  MLCad will • now
not waste time redrawing the windows that aren't displayed, so it won't
redraw ANY of them.  We can now work with the text representation of our • DAT
file without any delays.

Thanks for this very good tip.

-John Van