 CAD / MLCad / 539
Re: How do I speed things up ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 07:07:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jason S. Mantor writes:
Hi,
   I'm new to MLCAD and I'm wondering how I can speed things up.  The Star
Destroyer model I'm working on is rather large (5,000+ bricks in the
skeleton alone !) and it takes several seconds for each screen redraw.  Is
there a way to just work with part of it and not have to draw the *whole*
thing all the time ?

Brad makes some good suggestions. The biggest one, I think, is to USE
SUBASSEMBLIES. That is, make your main model an MPD and make lots of smaller
sections that you assemble into one overall. when you are working on a
subassembly you are only paying to render the parts IN the subassembly, not
the whole thing. You wil still pay delays when pulling the subassemblies
together but not all the time.

Hope that helps.