 CAD / MLCad / 573
572  |  574
Subject:
Can this be done easily?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:59:44 GMT

Last night I had a thought ... wouldn't it be really cool if MLCad could
verify that a model was constructed "correctly"? In simple terms it could
check to see if any bricks overlapped others, and also make sure that bricks
were aligned against attached bricks properly (the studs lining up with the
holes underneath). How hard would this be too add as a feature? It's been a
while since my Engineering Degree (one of my subjects in my final year was
on CAD systems and how they store and render solid objects!) so I can't
quite remember the maths for determing whether objects intersect, but
hopefully for someone like Michael who obviously understands this topic well
I'm hoping this won't be too hard. Would be kinda cool to be able to build
in MLCad and then put the real thing together without finding that it
doesn't quite work :)

Dan