 CAD / MLCad / 1448 (-20)
  Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

(...) This IS a good and clever workaround but I think the idea of an UNOFFICIAL directory DOES have merit... the issue is that to do it right would you need an /s and /p directories too? (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

(...) Ouch! Now that I've recovered from smacking myself in the head, I can only say, that's a simple, elegant solution. Then I can use folders for MOCs. Jeez, I hate when I miss something so obvious! James (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

(...) One way I use is to dump all the parts into the LDRAW\MODELS directory. They can't be in a subdirectory of the MODELS folder. This works fine if you don't make extensive use of the MODELS directory. If you do use this directory for storing you (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

Would it be possible to add a category for Unofficial parts to the MLCad tree? That way unofficial parts could be dumped into a separate directory (sorry, "folder") and yet still show up in the list. Or is it possible already? Thanks, James Wilson (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Incomplete 'Complete' parts list

"Tony Alexander" <tw0nst3r@startrek.net> skrev i meddelandet news:H3wHo7.284@lugnet.com... (...) Glad to hear that! Don't forget to check in on the Home Page sometimes, there may be a newer version available, and sometimes I even update the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Incomplete 'Complete' parts list

(...) First, a note of thanx to all who've replied and offered help. I followed the instructions given at LDraw.org, first installing ldraw027.exe, then installing complete.exe, then running makelist. I've not tried to Scan Parts, so I will try (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Incomplete 'Complete' parts list

(...) Yes but MLCad won't run unless LDraw is installed, therefore I assumed that he had downloaded Ldraw but not the updates (which is a common mistake) or had downloaded complete.zip but had not used Scan Parts or MakeList. -Orion (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Incomplete 'Complete' parts list

(...) Just to reinforce what Anders posted, the "complete" file is actually the "complete parts update", not the "complete parts library". You have to install LDraw (ldraw027.exe) first, then install complete.exe. Get the original ldraw package (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H3v7v0.9HK@lugnet.com... (...) LDRAW release. You first need to download, and install, the original LDRAW package, then install 'Complete'. I got bitten by this when I cleaned (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Incomplete 'Complete' parts list

If you don't find what you are looking for using my previous post, look here for the part you need: (URL) search LUGNet -Orion (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Incomplete 'Complete' parts list

(...) Go to the LDraw.org website here: (URL) to the complete updates section and download the file and follow the directions to install. After you do that, open MLCad and the File menu chose Scan Parts. This will have MLCad look in the LDRAW\PARTS (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Incomplete 'Complete' parts list

I'm not a programmer, and I'm new to MLCad. I'm just wondering why MLCad's "complete" parts list...isn't. I downloaded Jamie Neufeld's pod.dat, and when I went to look at it, found that a part file was missing. It still drew most of the model, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: REALLY stupid question

You know, I noticed this myself. At first I thought I was doing something wrong. Then I thought that maybe he only implemented a short (1 action) memory for undo. Sadly, I finally realized that he probably didn't get to code in an undo. Undo's (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  REALLY stupid question

Maybe.... I have been using MLCAD for about a year now, and have never really had a need to address this problem. But I'm doing some large models, and can't get the UNDO function to work. It won't work on any of my installations- and I have ML on (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Front wheel drive with suspension

Hello? I have made some steering mechanism that I want you all to have a look at. Can anybody make it smaller? (URL) Ldraw file can be found at (URL) have just seen one way to make it 2-knob smaller in with. By placing the difrential "outside" the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: searching for dat-file for part x68.dat

(...) I searched LUGNET and didn't find it either. I'll make it if noone else has. (...) For Technic go to Jim Hughes's Technica at: (URL) others, Peeron lists the year a set came out so just find the earliest year in the list of sets that have that (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Microscale City - Kehaar

Hey, all! I've just been playing around, trying to learn a little about MLCAD, and liked the microscale stuff by Paul Hertzog and Jeremy Sproat. So I virtually made a few buildings and locations just for fun. Please LMKWYT. Folder's at: (URL) and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  searching for dat-file for part x68.dat

I've got the 8461 Williams F1 Team Racer set and there are some of these Technic Liftarm 1x2 - x68.dat parts there. Where can I get the .dat file for that part? I've searched on www.ldraw.org but it is not there. Another queestion; Where can I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: "Part Unknown!" warning, what does it mean

(...) You should download and use the revised part: (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

[X-posted to .mlcad] (...) While I can't help because of what Orion revealed here (I'm no programmer!), perhaps Michael Lachmann can help. I have discovered that a simple way to (as a user) rotate around one object's origin is to select the origin (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact