 CAD / MLCad / 1443
Re: Incomplete 'Complete' parts list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:28:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Orion Pobursky writes:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Steve Bliss writes:
You have to install LDraw (ldraw027.exe) first, then install complete.exe.

Yes but MLCad won't run unless LDraw is installed, therefore I assumed that
he had downloaded Ldraw but not the updates (which is a common mistake) or
had downloaded complete.zip but had not used Scan Parts or MakeList.

-Orion

     First, a note of thanx to all who've replied and offered help.
     I followed the instructions given at LDraw.org, first installing
ldraw027.exe, then installing complete.exe, then running makelist.  I've not
tried to Scan Parts, so I will try this, and I'm not sure if I'll need to
download the update.  I downloaded and installed LDraw and MLcad in
mid-September - should I then download the 2002 04 update?
     Again, thanx for the help.  I've been finding this to be a fun and
liberating program, and enjoy being able to share, in my own small way, my
own creations with the Lugnet community.
     Anders, good to hear from you again.  My 10-year-old niece adores your
BlockCAD program, and is quite good at playing with it.  I hope you continue
to enjoy the little space set I sent over to you way back when.
     Hope you all keep having fun!

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander