 CAD / MLCad / 1447
Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:58:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Orion Pobursky writes:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, James Wilson writes:
Would it be possible to add a category for Unofficial parts to the MLCad
tree?  That way unofficial parts could be dumped into a separate directory
(sorry, "folder") and yet still show up in the list.

Or is it possible already?

Thanks,
James Wilson
Dallas, TX
Lugnet # 1783

One way I use is to dump all the parts into the LDRAW\MODELS directory.
They can't be in a subdirectory of the MODELS folder.  This works fine if
you don't make extensive use of the MODELS directory.  If you do use this
directory for storing you projects then I suggest you make subdirectories in
which to store your model files.

-Orion

Ouch!

Now that I've recovered from smacking myself in the head, I can only say,
that's a simple, elegant solution.  Then I can use folders for MOCs.  Jeez,
I hate when I miss something so obvious!

James