 CAD / MLCad / 1430
Re: "Part Unknown!" warning, what does it mean
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 02:41:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, James Wilson writes:
I have not delved much into the inner workings of parts, but I'm using
Thomas Burger's x814 6x6 "bubble" windscreen in a model.  I took his file
and included it in my MPD as another part.  When I view the part (or open
the x814.dat file by itself), lines that call certain parts generate "Part
unknown!" in the Description column.  The parts/primitives in question are:
2-4edge.dat, 2-4disc.dat, 2-4cyli.dat, and 1-4edge.dat.   But, when I look
in the ldraw/p folder, those files are there.  My MLCAD (ver. 2.12) is set
to the correct folder for the base Ldraw install.

Does this part "description" mean anything?  I can select one of those
primitive lines in the file listing and move it around, and it shows up in
the view windows, so it is rendering it?  Should I worry about this?

Thanks,
James Wilson
Dallas, TX
You should download and use the revised part:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x521.dat

Paul