 CAD / MLCad / *2013 (-20)
  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Isn't it great! ;-) (...) I noticed this. I think my display is 16 bit color, but I am not sure. I just used Save snapshot from the menu. Why do you ask? Jaco P.S. I finished the model with tracks. See: (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Hi, I now understand that the geometry not a perfect fit is, so we cannot expect LDraw to fit the part correct. It did occur to me to adjust the connector so that it does fit, but thought the picture looked good enough. Jaco (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) question, but I do have a side comment and some questions. My side comment is that I always like it when people post nice snapshots from LDView. It helps give me a sense of accomplishment. Second, my questions. Did you take that snapshot while (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Basic geometry - the arrangements are only approximately matching. 1. The triangle has perpendicular sides 5 plates (2 studs) and 14 plates, giving a hypotenuse length of 14.87 plates, or slightly less than 6 studs, so as you've found, the 1x8 (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Not a good fit?

(...) Hi Jaco, I run into this often when I'm using rotation to get things into place. With MLCad you have a grid (course, medium, fine). All things that are placed are snapped to the grid. For nice rectangular designs, this grid works well. When (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Not a good fit?

Hi all, Take a look at this! (URL) you can see I have been modelling Technic set 856 and came across this: (URL) this: (URL) bricks and connectors are exactly fit to the blue pins and ought to fit exactly on the green one, but it is not a perfect (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) The thing is, that STEP and ROTSTEP are implicitly ghosted for a given sub-model used in a model. When you are generating images for the sub-model itself, STEP and ROTSTEP have meaning and affect the generated images. When you add the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) <snip> (...) Pardon LPub's use of CALLOUT in meta-commands. Perhaps I chose too generic a term, but...... The term is there and I thing it would be a very *bad* thing to have callout mean one thing in LPub and a totally different thing in (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) I'm a bit lost here. Are you talking about using ldglite to render image files, or render interactively? I ask because -mf and -mF ignore all STEP commands, but only for the non-interactive image file generating usage. There is a -D command (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) Didn't try those, though I doubt they'd make it ignore CLEAR. (...) Sounds good to me. (...) I'm not sure I follow why ghosting these would be a bad idea. Since ghosting is only supposed to hide something if it's not the main model, ghosting (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ghost bug in 3.11

(...) Did you use 1.1.5 and the -mf or -mF options? I know these options make ldglite ignore STEP. The step dats that LPub makes do have STEP and ROTSTEP, but eliminate buffer exchage and clear and such, before passing the step dat to ldglite. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Ghost bug in 3.11

I discovered when rendering with ldglite that it doesn't ignore commands like 0 CLEAR and 0 STEP in submodels even when MLCad does. (Odd, considering it does recognize submodels.) Hopefully the next version of LPub will eliminate that problem by (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) No, I didn't know that. It didn't sound like something that I'd really find useful, but I've been trying it, and it does make it a lot more convenient to select pieces on-screen instead of either having to hunt them down in the part list or (...) (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

Hello Purple Dave, "Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> schreef in bericht news:I5yux2.14JC@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) alphabetical (...) disables (...) still (...) cranked (...) in the (...) I don't know if you already knew, but it is (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) No, I don't mean coming up with a new description for it. I just want it to stack with the rest of the 2x2 plates in the part tree instead of ending up at the very bottom of the list after the 10x10 plates. There's no logical reason why it (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) 'Wing' means 'plate with angled edges' 'Wedge' means '(slope) brick with angled edges' Does that work for you? Steve (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) bricks (...) I thought the current naming idea was to classify parts by shape, not function? I use wedge plates frequently, but not as wings. Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Ayup. All the wedge-plates should be classified as Wings, with all the bricks staying in Wedges. (...) If you have a better name for that part, I'd like to hear it -- I haven't come across a convincing one yet (of course, I haven't been (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) There's also the matter of the 2x3 and 2x4 wedge/wing plates. The 2x3 pair is classified as wedge plates and the 2x4 pair is classified as wings. It's a little less problematic, since both groups of parts are in the Other/W branch of the tree, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Part search

(...) Yes, I downloaded the ZIP file last night after he posted a link to it. I haven't installed it yet, but I thought the ability to search by total number of studs (in addition to everything else) to be a most amusing and interesting feature. (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact