Re: OMR Planning - Almost There
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:25:28 GMT

Tim:

[ About instructions from non-Lugnuts. ]

I wouldn't let non-Lugnuts post to Lugnet through ldraw.org.
We should rather let them upload to ldraw.org, and let the
OMR editors post the instructions to
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets if they qualify.

To do this, we have to notify the submitters that their
instructions may be forwarded to Lugnet - including the
Lugnet submission and copyright rules.

The fopaw

"faux pas" (mais je ne suis pas français)

Jacob has pretty much said 'no' to on-the-fly.

(with at least one exception)

Updating the pages from a database, whenever the database
changes (or once a day) would be okay. And one of my friends
is trying to convince me that it is faster to serve pages
from a database than from disk, so it appears that it would
be sensible to keep the OMR in a database.

You can assume access to PHP and MySQL or PostgresSQL and
work with dynamic pages for now. I think I know how I can
modify this to static pages generated from the database, if
the CPU load becomes significant.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:               sparre@cats.nbi.dk              --