Re: [ldraw.org] Progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:31:10 GMT

At 07:10 AM 6/7/99 +0000, Paul Gyugyi wrote:
I'll put in my two-cents: gzip'ed tar files would be an excellent
replacement for MPD.  And Winzip handles them OK.
-gyug

Well, it looks like there is a valid difference of opinion here about which
format, and 2 are rather prevalent.  I think we should continue discussing
advantages and disadvantages and eventually vote on it.  I would put my
vote in for MPD if there was built-in support on LDAO for the format.  But
on the side of zip I would just go for the standard Windows .zip format.  I
use PK and I don't believe it has support for the gzip'ed tar files
(correct me if I'm wrong).

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org