 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / *431 (-20)
  Re: Voting page for 9906

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message news:FFuFFw.Cr0@lugnet.com... (...) The insertion point is the center of the cylinders. This makes it much easier to rotate on the z axis, and to rotate on the x axis then place in its vertical (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Voting page for 9906

(...) Well, in LDLite, it looks like there is a faded crosswalk when shading is turned on. It looks really bad, IMO. (...) Oops, my bad. Yes, I meant 609p01. Thanks for changing the color. Now it'll match the current road plates. Talkin' 'bout the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Spline-generator

Hi, After experimenting a bit with the current tools for creating flexible parts I had a lot of problems to place and orientate the hoses using Bezier-curves. I've looked around a bit and found some examples using multi-point splines. Main different (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Voting page for 9906

(...) i would just like to say that i am prepared to admit that the roadplate parts probobly were not redy for voting on but on the 32 x 32 raised with ramp the mistakes on the corners and also the line in the pit were all honest mistakes. (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Voting page for 9906

(...) i promise to fix the pit extra line asap.also about the corners... i can fix those as well. thanks for pointing out the mistake. (...) my mistake. i thought i could make this by changing the color of the grey bits on the dashed roadplate to (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Voting page for 9906

(...) OK. (...) That sounds cool! I've never used LDAO to edit anything before. Let me give it a try before I bug you with it. Thanks, Adam (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Voting page for 9906

(...) [Snip] (...) If you use LDAO, open the file in the Editor, select the entire file, then click Edit | Move Exact. Type the distance to move in the Y box. Click OK. Save the file. If you don't LDao, I can do the edit for you... Steve (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Voting page for 9906

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message news:FFuFFw.Cr0@lugnet.com... (...) hinged (...) Yes, actually that wouldn't be a bad idea, but it would take me way too much time. When I originally submitted these doors back in Oct/Nov, they were (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: are idea book models going to be accepted into the omr?

(...) yeah. there were the blacktron II and mtron mega model set instructions... (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: are idea book models going to be accepted into the omr?

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.199908...omm.com... (...) Actually, they do have set numbers. Go to the Pause DB and search for "Idea Book" to see for yourself. I think they should be included for many of the same (...) (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Voting page for 9906

(...) Okay, I looked at the pieces, and here are my thoughts on the ones I had problems with: Can the insertion points for the castle doors be moved closer to the hinged part? Not a big deal, it just kinda bugs me. ;) 2552 - The lines that make up (...) (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: are idea book models going to be accepted into the omr?

(...) No. They do not have set numbers and were not released into the market individually packaged with their own pieces. -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Get paid to surf the web! Visit: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  are idea book models going to be accepted into the omr?

are idea book models going to be accepted into the omr? they are lego models designed by the lego group and published as instructions by the lego group so we should probobly accept them if we are going to make the omr complete. (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  is it ok to ldraw sets that are missing sails and/or string?

is it ok to ldraw sets that are missing sails and/or string? neither can be put in ldraw yet so... what about other cloth items (capes,flags etc) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: what are the rules about hoses etc?

or wait untill whoever made the technic hose pieces submits them for voting. (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: what are the rules about hoses etc?

(...) You can create a reasonable rendition of a Technic hose using John Van's Hose spreadsheet and replacing the 754.dats with 4-4cyli.dats of the correct length and diameter. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: what are the rules about hoses etc?

(...) what i meant to say is that the really large technic type flexable hoses cant go into a model yet because they have not been made (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: what are the rules about hoses etc?

(...) Hoses go in the model. End of discussion (unless a serious user comes up with a really good and logical reason otherwise). (...) When it becomes possible, they are required too. (...) Yes and no. Some parts, depending on where they are in the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Mirroring in LDraw (was: Re: what are the rules about hoses etc?)

(...) It's not that much more complicated, as long as you want to mirror across the *model's* orientation, not the *part's* orientation. If you've got a part command: 1 15 x y z a b c d e f g h i part.dat And you want to mirror on X (switch right (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: what are the rules about hoses etc?

(...) here is my thoughts: hoses go in model if possible (technic hoses for example cant be put in) the same goes for wire,string,rubber bands (when someone makes a way of puting those in) all those type of parts go into a seperate sub file for each (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact