 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 974
  Making the DAT links work in safari.

So the other day I was browsing the Most Desired Part entries on ldraw.org with my junky used eMac and I noticed a new curved slope that doesn't seem to have the tiger striping problem. Naturally I wanted to see how it was done. But no, I'm on a (...) (16 years ago, 15-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) My Cocoa LDView info.plist has this information, but it uses x-application/ldraw. Is application/x-ldraw the correct thing to use instead? --Travis (16 years ago, 15-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) Yeah, it's been application/x-ldraw since like forever. Hopefully you're setting up the Bundle tags in your Info.plist and not the Risk assessment keys from the safari prefs file. But I could swear I saw only a few bits inserted by QT and a (...) (16 years ago, 15-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) For what it's worth there is a guide to this topic on LDraw.org: (URL) confirms application/x-ldraw (and application/x-multi-part-ldraw for MPDs). Can't the user just use "Get Info" to assign an application of their choice to open files of a (...) (16 years ago, 15-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) ever used is application/x-ldraw. I'm pretty sure it works for mpd files as well as ordinary dat files, but maybe the file has to have a .dat extension? (...) I'll have to look into "Get Info". Being new to the Mac, I don't know what it means. (...) (16 years ago, 15-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) Select a file in the Finder and select "Get Info" from the "File" menu (or press Command-I). Under the "Open With:" section of the little window that appears, choose an application to open the selected file when double-clicked. Click "Change (...) (16 years ago, 15-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) OK, I'll update it. (Actually I already updated it to have both types in the array, but there's no point if x-application/ldraw never gets used.) Note that the Cocoa LDView hasn't been released yet. The one you're looking at is the QT LDView (...) (16 years ago, 15-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) Excellent! I forgot about L3Lab for the Mac. I'll have to try that out. It's too bad there isn't a category between LSRiskCategoryNeutral and LSRiskCategorySafe that lets you decide right then if you want to open it, or just save it (like in (...) (16 years ago, 15-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) So I installed the Mac version of L3Lab last night, and wouldn't you know, it took over control of .dat files from ldglite, like I expected. Double click a dat file on the desktop or click on one in safari and it pops up in L3Lab now. However (...) (16 years ago, 20-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) OK, long time Mac users here. In the days of long ago, most/all browsers could be configured so that when the browser didn't know what to do with a file, a helper application, specified by the user, could jump in to open the file for you. (I (...) (16 years ago, 23-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) Hi Chris, it's like swiss cheese, but let's keep that a secret. (...) Yeah I remember, but now I actually have a junky used Mac of my own to play with, so I want to learn as much as I can before it dies. I was sorta assuming Mozilla still (...) (16 years ago, 23-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) [...] (...) Mmmm... I like swiss cheese too (...) Oops sorry. I shouldn't have assumed that you forgot those conversations. It would be cool if you could get Safari to do it. (...) It would allow the user to select which things to be (...) (16 years ago, 23-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) I don't either, but I think the problem is that ldglite uses a really, really old version of the info.plist settings, probably obsolete. I have to read up a bit on the new keys to see what they do. According to these notes, things changed a (...) (16 years ago, 23-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) Well, I tried that, and all it did was make it so that LDView couldn't be chosen as the app to open LDraw files at all. Comparing to L3Lab's Info.plist, I haven't the foggiest why. The L3Lab one seems to work. However, when I carefully cleaned (...) (16 years ago, 24-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.

(...) Maybe you could email me your working plist because I'm at the "just making things worse" stage. I tried cloning the L3Lab plist file and that made ldglite disappear from the list of choices for ldraw files. I was kinda hoping lsregister with (...) (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)