 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 977
Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 14:18:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:

My Cocoa LDView info.plist has this information, but it uses
x-application/ldraw.  Is application/x-ldraw the correct thing to use instead?

Yeah, it's been application/x-ldraw since like forever.

For what it's worth there is a guide to this topic on LDraw.org:

http://ldraw.org/Article46.html

which confirms application/x-ldraw (and application/x-multi-part-ldraw for
MPDs).

Can't the user just use "Get Info" to assign an application of their choice to
open files of a certain type? Reasonable defaults are important, of course. I'm
trying to reproduce the problem Don describes but I'm not exactly sure what is
expected to happen.

Incidentally, it's kind of weird that the DAT files for the parts contest just
contain references to separate files you might have to grab from the part
tracker. LDView makes that easy enough, but I'm curious why a link to the actual
part is not provided on the contest page.

Jim