 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 987
Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2008 05:42:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
I don't either, but I think the problem is that ldglite uses a really,
really old version of the info.plist settings, probably obsolete.  I have
to read up a bit on the new keys to see what they do.  According to these
notes, things changed a bit in Tiger.

  http://lists.apple.com/archives/Spotlight-dev/2007/Jul/msg00018.html
  http://lists.apple.com/archives/carbon-dev/2005/Oct/msg00096.html

Once I've got that down I'll see if bringing my info.plist file up to
date makes it work better with the other apps.

Well, I tried that, and all it did was make it so that LDView couldn't be chosen
as the app to open LDraw files at all.  Comparing to L3Lab's Info.plist, I
haven't the foggiest why.  The L3Lab one seems to work.

However, when I carefully cleaned everything up (using the CFBundle* tags), and
commented out LSItemContentTypes tags (leaving the UTExportedTypeDeclarations
list alone) it let me assign LDView as the default app, and doing so actually
stuck, and worked via Safari.

--Travis