 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 976
Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 13:28:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>LSRiskCategorySafe</key>
  <dict>
   <key>LSRiskCategoryExtensions</key>
    <array>
     <string>LDR</string>
     <string>ldr</string>
     <string>MPD</string>
     <string>mpd</string>
     <string>DAT</string>
     <string>dat</string>
    </array>
   <key>LSRiskCategoryMIMETypes</key>
    <array>
     <string>application/x-ldraw</string>
    </array>
   </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

My Cocoa LDView info.plist has this information, but it uses
x-application/ldraw.  Is application/x-ldraw the correct thing to use instead?

Yeah, it's been application/x-ldraw since like forever.  Hopefully you're
setting up the Bundle tags in your Info.plist and not the Risk assessment
keys from the safari prefs file.  But I could swear I saw only a few bits
inserted by QT and a warning not to disturb it when I poked around in the
LDView bundle.

Check out the make-ldglite-bundle.sh script from the ldglite sources
and compare. We should all be doing pretty much the same thing for
the file extensions and MIME types.  I'm curious how the Mac database
handles it when two apps stake claims on the same extensions and such.

Don