 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 986
Re: Making the DAT links work in safari.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 16:40:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
Don Heyse wrote:
So far, I've been unable to shake L3Lab from it's unholy grip on
my .dat files. :^)

Hmmm... the strange thing here is that I can set Bricksmith or Mac Brick
CAD as the default to open all dat/ldr/mpd files and the setting sticks.
However, when I try to set LDGLite as the default the setting reverts to
  L3Lab. Perhaps it has something to do with the these apps interact
with the OS. MBC and Bricksmith were built from the ground up as Mac
applications whereas, LDGLite and L3Lab weren't. Is it possible that
L3Lab took over that Linux-y environment when it was installed? You can
tell I have no idea what I'm talking about, can't you :)

I don't either, but I think the problem is that ldglite uses a really,
really old version of the info.plist settings, probably obsolete.  I have
to read up a bit on the new keys to see what they do.  According to these
notes, things changed a bit in Tiger.

  http://lists.apple.com/archives/Spotlight-dev/2007/Jul/msg00018.html
  http://lists.apple.com/archives/carbon-dev/2005/Oct/msg00096.html

Once I've got that down I'll see if bringing my info.plist file up to
date makes it work better with the other apps.

Don