 CAD / Development / 98
97  |  99
Subject:
DOS Makelist (was Re: Uber-install (was Re: Organizing the Site Revamp))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:36:55 GMT

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:26:19 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com>
wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:
Anyone want to develop a working, DOS-based, Makelist?

Got one, wrote it in Perl.  Urm, make that Win32 Perl.  :-P  I haven't
tested it on the DOS Perl compiled with DJGPP.  Perhaps this upcoming
weekend.

Umm, that would be really great if you did that.  We never came up with
a replacement for James' original makelist.exe (which can only handle
1000 parts).

How big would a distributable of your Perl-makelist be?  And how easy
would it be for non-techies to run?

Steve