 CAD / Development / 37
Re: Organizing the Site Revamp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 02:07:32 GMT

At 01:07 AM 2/10/99 +0000, Steve wrote:
So here are the site areas I have come up with so far:

Download
Getting Started
Official TLG Models
Links
Contribute
Credits

I'm not sure I'm on the same page as you about what a 'site area' is.  I'm
assuming you mean links from the main page.

Yeah, or major subidrectories.  They can be put into:

/download/
/gettingstarted (too long/cumbersome?)
/tlg/
/links/
/contribute/
/credits/
/memorial/

What is LDraw? (might just be text on start page)

Probably.

Memorial Pages (last major topic-link on start page)

Oops <blush>  Thanks for the reminder, we can't forget who got us here..

Questions and Answers (ie, FAQ)

That 2..

I'd think that a Downloads page would be a catch-all list of all things • which
are downloadable.  Specific items (like install.exe, update.exe, *.dat, • etc.)
should be linked from appropriate locations.

Right.  So are you saying that the memorial site can have its own pages
describing the downloadable files and just link to the file at the person's
server wherever it is directly from the site?  Like
http://www.ldraw.org/download/ldao/ has a link which points to the
ldaosetup.exe file you have on worldnet.att.net?

It would be possible, if we wanted to set up a mailing list...

The main question is are there any objections?  We would naturally have to
put out an anti-spam notice that we will not sell the addresses..

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

New Lugnet Newsgroup?  lugnet.off-topic.timmy.die.die.die ??

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m