 CAD / Development / 9442 (-40)
  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) Color codes will be defined in decimal notation and the 24-bit RGB will be in Hex. -Orion (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) RGB is actually 3 numbers - I'd suggest something like RGB(r,g,b) where r g & b can be decimal or hex as per other numbers. ROSCO (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bram's LDraw and LEdit Tutorial

(...) What would the name of the file be and how big is it approx.? Then I can browse through my 6 year old collection of "Download CD's..." :-) Jaco (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  81 million points

I normally don't make posts like this, but I thought the numbers involved deserved a post. Just out of curiosity, I stuck a counter in my development LDView code to count the number of points being drawn. I loaded up the copy I have of town.dat (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

I'll bite. (Note that none of my comments are meant as criticism.) In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote: <SNIP> (...) I personally think the # for hex numbers is a mildly bad idea. The currently accepted way to specify hexidecimal values is to (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

Here's the initial write up for a color definition meta-statement, to be used in ldconfig.ldr and in any model file. The LSC has a couple of outstanding issues with this spec, let's discuss those in follow-up messages. Please respond with any (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Matrix mirroring question

This question is mostly directed a developers that have had to deal with mirroring while processing LDraw files, but I welcome comments from anyone. It seems to me that any model specified with a mirror matrix will be mirrored relative to its parent (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Save that code! Once an LDraw/POV-Ray library is a going thing (and it looks like that won't take so long), those parts can be submitted there. Steve (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) True, but the 'embedded code' is still code we are effectively certifying as being good, whether it works strictly within LDraw, or in other GDL/SDL's. (...) Sorry, we never got around to making the list public. I'll work on that. Steve (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Bram's LDraw and LEdit Tutorial

Attention all, Thinkquest, the site that hosted Bram's LDraw & LEdit Tutorial, recently deleted this tutorial from their archive. Neither Tim nor I had a hard copy of the webpages. While I've contacted Bram asking him if he still has a copy, I'd (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote: [much snippage] (...) The above example parallel directory structure is just an example. I see that there are many possible alternate solutions... POV directory as sigbling of LDRAW subdirectory, where the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) One thing the project clearly needs right now is a small homepage to tell what it's all about, and outline what people can do to help. That might help pull in more active participants than a lone CVS archive. I've seen your pages, Larry. I bet (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <much snippage> (...) As Orion described, we'd rather put the ability of using POV or whatever other renderer you choose outside the LDraw file format, and outside the LDraw format parts library. If we (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) The relatively easy solution on how to make the wrench tool and, even more obvious, the (unofficial) patterned maxifig heads - that solution has become undone. (...) The only thing that ever has frustrated me about LGEO is that I never ever (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) What's entailed? Do you want participants who can test but not do much else? (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Actually, the only Official Library parts that have embedded P-R SDL are some of Paul Easter torus primitives. Since nothing was ever done in the first place, nothing is being undone now. If you're like me and frustrated that LGEO is (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Only until 3rd party libraries (like LGEO) become available. ROSCO (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Too sad. If I got that complicated language correcly, this means that the problem presented at (URL) and was solved by embedded POV-code has now regressed to be un-solved again. /Tore (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Yes, and if you want to join the project team let me know (this goes for anyone else as well). (...) -Orion (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) OK, but whether or not the P-R SDL code was out of whack would not affect the usability of parts as parts within LDraw format programs themselves, right? (0)Only affect the accuracy or completeness or error state of transformation (by tools (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Yay! The right place for POV code is in external libraries. Does this mean (URL) is going to be developed? Is a new L3P release in the works? It's been over a year and a half since this tantalizing message was posted. :^) (URL) Don (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Basically, The POV team controls the syntax, functionality, and implementation of the POV-Ray Scene Description Language (P-R SDL) format. While the POV Team is very good at maintaining backwards compatibility, they have in the past change the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Could you give a bit more info on the compatability issues (or a pointer to where they're discussed)? (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) has recently discussed the issue of embedded POV-Ray code in Official Parts Library files. After careful consideration and with inputs from leading non-LSC members, most notably Lars Hassing and Chris Dee, we (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Friction pins no friction?

(...) Look's good, Though you may want to just make the primitive have the friction bits alone without the connector. That way you possibly could be able to use it on parts like 6558 and 32054 as well. (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Friction pins no friction?

I have submitted the first in the line of confric# primitive to the LDraw Parts Tracker. (URL) is use the the part 43093 Axle Pin with Friction. (URL) should give people a better idea of what I have planned. With this new line of primitives we will (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames

(...) OK - I have moved the existing x322.dat out of the way (to x289.dat). Chris (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames

(...) When I tried to upload this part, it got rejected because there was a x322.dat already on the PT.... Before this rejection I have uploaded two subparts s\x322s01.dat and s\x322s02.dat. Niels (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Well, I hope the final syntax for the color definition statement will allow some space for programs to support their own special syntactic needs. So you hopefully won't need a super-custom meta-statement for LDView, just a special flavor for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) The good side of the LSC is that with the reduced number of people, you are hopefully able to actually come to a consensus in a reasonable time frame. The bad side is that since the discussions are private, you have to deal with hecklers like (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  SIGGRAPH 2004 Themepark

I received a note about this document over email. Is this something LDraw developers would be interested in participating in? (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Thanks. That's a good idea. I'll have to think about it, though. Up until now, I have purposely avoided creating any LDView-specific meta-commands. On the other hand, this would be one of the few reasons that might convince me that an (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) Woo-hoo! :-) I can review parts now! --Travis (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) As of tonight, here's where things stand: - I've finished updating all the restricted-access scripts (those are the scripts under cgi-bin/tracker). - I've turned off the old authentication -- so you won't be prompted by your browser to log in. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) You could put your custom information in an ldviewconfig.ldr file which you supply with the LDView install. Then add a setting to LDView, allowing the user to specify multiple pre-processing files. Default the setting to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) We're working on it. Give us another 24 hours to have something to present. Not a final 'done deal', but at least a decent writeup. Steve (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) Hopefully not too much longer - I'm working on the last script now. Steve (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) hi steve, could you please keep us updated how long we will need to log in twice? many thx, willy (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Where else would you put it? What if you break the material settings up into two parts? 1) a material tag on the COLOURDEF line: 0 COLOURDEF 334 ChromeGold 15 0xFFC40026 MATERIAL metallic 2) a MATERIALDEF line added to the end of the file that (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) That's a very heavy argument against EmbPOV. It would be a great thing if we could just have a very few basic features, say clipped by, pattern wrap and maybe one or two other and make it a generic syntax for alternative code. (...) Despite (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact