 CAD / Development / 9425
Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:45:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) has recently discussed the issue of
embedded POV-Ray code in Official Parts Library files.  After careful
consideration and with inputs from leading non-LSC members, most notably Lars
Hassing and Chris Dee, we have agreed that the inclusion of this code is
undesirable.

Before we make a final decision regarding this matter, we would like to open
this discussion up to the LDraw community as a whole.  Please be constructive
with your comments.

- The LSC

Too sad. If I got that complicated language correcly, this means that the
problem presented at http://www.hassings.dk/l3/l3p.html#primsubst and was solved
by embedded POV-code has now regressed to be un-solved again.

/Tore